Page 1 of 2
Pretty simple, what solo do you think sounds the most evil or sinister?

Mine would have to be The Exquisite Machinery of Torture by Meshuggah
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
The only evil sounding solo that stood out to me was The Thing That Should Not Be live in san diego(i think? or seattle) by Metallica.
^^ i agree with them.

edit: the guys who said the thing that should not be.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Does this remind anyone else of the Italian singer who stabbed her band's lead guitarist who messed up during a solo and "sounded evil"? Well, I just killed any joke anyone makes out of it by explaining it.
lol Hivemind.

Also, in before the solo that the dude from Soul Cry played.

Edit: dammit
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Last edited by SG Man Forever at Dec 20, 2008,
Quote by metaldud536
There was this one solo Billy Joe did in American Idiot. I forgot where it starts though.

....wait.
the solo in Rational Gaze by meshuggah.

lol, no not really, that solo sounds retarded.
Not that it sounds bad, it just sounds... like a retarded solo. like a solo that can't wipe it's own ass and has to wear a bicycle helmet all the time.
Quote by SG Man Forever
Pretty simple, what solo do you think sounds the most evil or sinister?

Mine would have to be The Exquisite Machinery of Torture by Meshuggah

hah when I saw the thread title I assumed it was going to be a bunch of kids going OMGOMGOMGMETALLICA (like half these replies), but good choice.

I would say...Eat of the Dead by Nile.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by LedZeppelin
hah when I saw the thread title I assumed it was going to be a bunch of kids going OMGOMGOMGMETALLICA (like half these replies), but good choice.

If Metallica wasn't as mainstream as they are then no one would have any problem when alot of people talk about/mention them...
Quote by ~UpTheIrons~
If Metallica wasn't as mainstream as they are then no one would have any problem when alot of people talk about/mention them...

Ya I was listening to Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning when I was like 3.
Last edited by Sleepwalker 666 at Dec 20, 2008,
Quote by LedZeppelin

That is a awesome groovy song. Good choice to you too.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Mayhem - Freezing Moon

/thread
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
I always thought Cemetery Gates had a freaky solo...
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Quote by ~UpTheIrons~

In other words, according to you: "If Metallica wasn't mainstream, no one would have a problem that Metallica was mainstream"

That's how I read your post, and I don't get it. Please help me out.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Something by Avenged Sevenfold.

JUST KIDDING, LOL

But in seriousness, the solo from Raining Blood by Slayer... on first listen, you just know its pure ****ing evil.
Last edited by DEATHPANDA at Dec 20, 2008,
Belphegor - Stigma Diabolicum
Quote by DiminishedFifth
Who's going to stop you? The music police?
Final Prrrroduct - Nevermore.

That pedal-point thing he does just makes me want to rip flesh and bathe in blood.
I uploaded the "Rational Gaze" solo to my profile to better explain how I find it to be a "retarded" solo. anyone agree with me?
Before the Damned - All That Remains: not the evilest, but it's pretty awesome.

and the solo at the beginning of "Terror and Hubris in the House of Frank Polard" by LoG
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Dead Kennedys - When Ya Get Drafted

Very very spooky and evil sounding, give it a listen.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by CoreysMonster
I uploaded the "Rational Gaze" solo to my profile to better explain how I find it to be a "retarded" solo. anyone agree with me?

I've heard it before, and I kind of agree with you. It sounds ugly, but in a good way.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
ummm...heresy by pantera,
walk with me in hell by LoG,
and sweating bullets by Megadeth,
Final Product by nevermore,
The river dragon has come by nevermore also,

thats all that i can think of right now...
Most Behemoth solo's, my favourite being Sculpting The Throne Ov Seth, very mystic, evil and Egyptian sounding.
My Last.FM

"The more you think, the better you're going to play. That should be a quote somewhere."
- Marty Friedman
Quote by DEATHPANDA

But in seriousness, the solo from Raining Blood by Slayer... on first listen, you just know its pure ****ing evil.

No. That solo is pure fucking shite. I turn the song off when the solo starts
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Quote by Random88
No. That solo is pure fucking shite. I turn the song off when the solo starts

It isn`t actually a solo, it`s noise. I`m not sinulting it, I love it but they regard it as just atmosphere themselves and in the lyrics booklet for reign in blood it lists all the solos then the name of who is playing it and in the booklet instead of saying solo it says noise.

Most evil solo though is the solo in Dead by Dawn by Deicide.
a creepy solo eh?

john lord's hammond organ FTW really. he can/did make some really wierd sh*t with that thing.

if it's GUITAR solos then it would have to be the house that jack built by metallica. it sounds like a voice, but it's a guitar.

Quote by EvilDomo
I always thought Cemetery Gates had a freaky solo...

awesome.

purely awesome. i find the heavy bits in that song creepy.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Pantera - Domination

Crashing drums, and bouncing bass...with the stilness of space in their sound, in comes a brutal super speed alternate pick solo!Then the riff after the solo, crushes my spine everytime
Quote by SuperJoop
Pantera - Domination

Crashing drums, and bouncing bass...with the stilness of space in their sound, in comes a brutal super speed alternate pick solo!Then the riff after the solo, crushes my spine everytime

fart stinks like a mother f*cker!

love that song. makes me lol everytime.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Page 1 of 2