ok, I downloaded uTorrent, Poweriso, ect... on my laptop to get the sims 2 (I know, I'm cool) because I'm going on a really long trip. I installed it and everything and now when I click on it to start it it says "Please insert correct disk" What did I not do or do wrong. Please help I'm a newbie.
Quote by GMD093
How shall i do that kind sir?

DL a no-CD patch, there should be plenty around.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Well first off, you need to look to see if it came with the torrent. Basically it's a .exe file that replaces the game's .exe file. You put it in the same folder as where you installed the game. Windows ask, "Replace this file?" say Yes.
Quote by tonedeafidiot
YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO TALK ABOUT THIS!
mount the image

I thought we couldn't talk about WHERE TO DOWNLOAD stuff illegally.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
DL a no-CD patch, there should be plenty around.

Thanks dude, I'll try that.
Quote by Spicer001
lol torrent noob

lol everyone starts somewhere.

I did that with MGS. Couldn't find a working patch anywhere so I ended up emulating it for PS1. Good luck with Sims
ok... Lets start over, it just got done downloading from uTorrent and I have everything i could possbly download. What do I do?
Please speak torrent noob
Quote by GMD093
ok... Lets start over, it just got done downloading from uTorrent and I have everything i could possbly download. What do I do?

I'm assuming you've downloaded a no-cd patch for the game? If you have just take the .exe file from the patch (should be in your torrent download folder) and replace it with the .exe in the folder of the game you downloaded. Windows will ask if you want to replace it, click yes.

Then start the executable and you're good to go
Quote by GMD093

Download and install Daemon Tools (use google to find it, it's a free program). Open it and you'll see the icon on your toolbar near the clock. Use it to "mount an image" and browse to the folder that you downloaded the program to. Open the image file (it will probably be a .ISO file type) and install the game. Then to the play the game, there should be a file or folder in the original download called "crack" or "no-cd patch", something like that. Go in there and there should be a .EXE file that has the same icon as the .EXE file that you would normally use to play the game after installing. Copy the file and go to where the game's .EXE file is (probably in it's program files folder or wherever you installed it to) and paste it. It will ask if you want to replace the original .EXE to which you should click yes.