So in about 8 months I will get a permit. This of course is terribly exciting as I have looked forward to driving for a while now. The thing is I know 3 people personally who are 16 and couldn't care less whether or not they had a license. How 'bout you did/do you look forward to getting your license with anticipation or apathy?
I do. Very much. I just love driving. I don't think I'll actually go anywhere, but just drive around everyday. I get my license in July.
Meh.
I've had my permit for 6 months and still haven't taken the second wave of classes required before I get my full license, driving doesn't really appeal to me much.
I was so excited. I don't understand how people aren't... It's becoming more common to not get it right away.
"Love is the only thing that we can carry with us when we go, and it makes the end so easy." -Louisa May Alcott
I can go get my P's on Christmas day, that's if I have the 50 hours of driving you need, i only have about 6.
Big deal. You know how many drivers there are on the roads every day? If I got paid to drive then maybe it'd be something to look forward to. Really it only makes a person more independent. That's it.

It's not like you're gonna be racing everytime you get in your car.
I got my license out of necessity when I got a job. I was eighteen at the time, and now I need it to drive to college every day.

**** driving. I was much happier when I walked everywhere.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Quote by Gmp
I can go get my P's on Christmas day, that's if I have the 50 hours of driving you need, i only have about 6.

I didn't have 50 hours... when I went they just asked my dad if I did and took his word.
"Love is the only thing that we can carry with us when we go, and it makes the end so easy." -Louisa May Alcott
It's fun for the first 6 months. But then everyone asking for lifts everywhere gets a bit boring.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by The_Paranoia
I do. Very much. I just love driving. I don't think I'll actually go anywhere, but just drive around everyday. I get my license in July.

When in July?
I'm 19, and don't have a license. (here in germany you cant have one until 18 anyway) I'm in no hurry to get one, especially because I
a. dont have the money for a car
b. having a car in Berlin is like having a yacht in the pond next door (cheers to anyone who gets the movie reference), there's just way too much traffic and NO parking spaces, it takes much longer to get anywhere by car than by just using public transportation, which is excellent in berlin.
c. the license itself can cost anywhere from 1200 to 1900 euros, depending on how fast you learn.

dont have the money, dont need it, why bother?
Quote by Shortbuschld
I didn't have 50 hours... when I went they just asked my dad if I did and took his word.

You have to record every drive you do and the time you started and ended and the distance travelled and the types of roads your drove on and pretty much everything, and that's for every drive you go on, and each one has to be signed by your driving supervisor. And they check each one.
Quote by Gmp
You have to record every drive you do and the time you started and ended and the distance travelled and the types of roads your drove on and pretty much everything, and that's for every drive you go on, and each one has to be signed by your driving supervisor. And they check each one.

i sure hope you're joking

yeah i just got my license and it sucks having it if you don't have a car and no one to chill with
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Quote by frozen_soul
i sure hope you're joking

yeah i just got my license and it sucks having it if you don't have a car and no one to chill with

no? i actually don't have it that bad because it's now gone up to 150 hours you have to do and i got mine before so i still only have to do 50.

and yeah most people probably would fake a couple of them but whatever, i still suck at driving too much right now to pass my test.
Quote by Gmp

Oops sorry, I assumed we were talking about the US. Here you don't.
Quote by Gmp
no? i actually don't have it that bad because it's now gone up to 150 hours you have to do and i got mine before so i still only have to do 50.

and yeah most people probably would fake a couple of them but whatever, i still suck at driving too much right now to pass my test.

wow that sucks. here in the good ol states all they do is ask your parent, i didnt get 50 hours and my mom just said yes
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Quote by ben deebz
i live in wellyu so i dont need a licence cause i got busses

there's a fitness studio in my hometown called wellyou.

heheh

*/retard*
I have an appointment for my license test on the 29th. When I was 16 I didn't really care about driving. I'm almost 19 years old now and I still don't care. I hate driving. Everyone here drives like they have some place to be and some time to be there, so as a driver with limited experience, it's a terrible time being out on the streets.
I'd probably care a lot more about it if I had a life, but I don't. I have very few friends and I rarely do anything with them. Even when I have my license it's just going to sit here as often as I do.
far some people have exciting lives. im 17 and in a weeks time ill be able to get my full lisence. and i have enough money to buy a car. i was gonig to go for my learners lisence on my 15th birthday but parents delayed it till about two months later then got my restricted lisence middle of last year. driving is great! i can go to parties and hang with my mates whenever i want. seriously some of you need to limit your time in the pit and get a life and then you'll see the need for a car
i didn't get mine until i was 17. i didnt really need it until then. i got a job a couple months after i turned 17, so at that point i needed my license.
Since as long as I can remember I looked forward to getting my license.

Now I have it as well as a Ford Mustang....

I love driving so much! It never gets old and I hope it never does.