Poll: What is more difficult?
Poll Options
View poll results: What is more difficult?
Chromatic Shredding
9 24%
Mode/Scale shredding
28 76%
Voters: 37.
Quote by Prisoner5
This particular question has bugged me since i began listening to Avenged Sevenfold a bit more and noticing their solos.

Excuse me?
So.....are you asking something?
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
Avengled sevenfold is a ****ing joke, im sorry to be the one to tell you this but NOTHING is original about Synester gates, go grow some balls and listen to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-Q9owpTqes

Actually nevermind i just had to put up with some ****ing idiot at school saying that Atreyu is black metal...so my metalcore hating on has amplified from 1 to 11
rl]
I never said there was (anything original about synester), my guitarist said the same thing. I was simply wondering what the community thought on the issue of the difficuty of chromatic solos. And I personally dont like that specific brand of music, and some of Avenged Sevenfolds songs just so happen to be on the very border between what I like and dislike. That video simply epitomized what i dislike about half the kids who play guitar in my school.
Quote by Avedas
I use both. I don't really see how one is much more difficult than the other.

Well, with mode shredding its easier to sound good in the song, but it takes more precision because you cant just hit anything. Chromatic shredding can hit any fret, but its harder to make it soudn god as part of a song, matching chords and harmonics.
Quote by Prisoner5
Well, with mode shredding its easier to sound good in the song, but it takes more precision because you cant just hit anything. Chromatic shredding can hit any fret, but its harder to make it soudn god as part of a song, matching chords and harmonics.

I mix the two often, myself. Gives my phrases a sort of jazzy fusion sound that I love. I still don't think one is harder than the other though.
i have no idea which one is harder, I mainly just use a movable major pentatonic scale and a movable major/minor blues scale to come up with solos.
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Quote by StealthyHayze

Actually nevermind i just had to put up with some ****ing idiot at school saying that Atreyu is black metal...so my metalcore hating on has amplified from 1 to 11

oh man i hate that aye, dudes at school think AFI and linkin park are metal as when theyre far from it. it annoys me
This next band asked me to read this 'Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Molly Hatchet all had sex and now please welcome their two-headed baby 'Tenacious D '

myspace.com/dinosaur_sandwich