On Early Wednesday morning (about 2:45 am) i woke up to my feet being completely numb and freezing. And my heart was racing and it literally felt like i was being punched in the chest every time it beat. Now, as much as this killed, i had work in about 3 hours, so i needed sleep (i honestly thought it wasnt serious, go ahead call me crazy)
after about 5 minutes the chest pains went away but my feet were freezing still.
So i forced myself to sleep, woke up and felt absolutely fine.
On the way home from work the same thing happened, while driving. I ended up running a redlight and driving onto the sidewalk...
I barely made it home, crawled upstairs and my parents carried me to the car and drove me to the hospital. Turns out it was most likely a "caffiene overdose" or an anxiety attack. So i got an AKG or EKG or whatever its called haha done and a bunch of xrays and tests, (im still waiting to hear back from all the tests) So im hoping and praying that its just a caffiene overdose and not a serious heart problem.
As of right now my chest throbs every now and then and i get this wierd "liquidy" feeling in my chest.
If it was a caffeine overdose I don't think you would still be feeling the effects...
"Love is the only thing that we can carry with us when we go, and it makes the end so easy." -Louisa May Alcott
I hope you're ok.
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
It's way too sunny and warm here today to listen to black metal, I shall bookmark it and come back when the weather is worse.
He is actually seeing a doctor, smart guy.
I hope for the best. I'm thinking it could be a heart problem, seeing as your feet being cold could be because of a lack of blood flow to the extremities. I'm not sure how caffeine affects the heart and blood flow though.
Damn. Just happened to have my tinypic folder up, and it was already on the page... Couldn't resist
Crap. Hope your ok

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
i dont think its a caffine overdose. ive slightly ODed before and all i felt were slight palpitations for a few hours. id wait to see what the doctors have to say, but be glad you went to them this could be very serious
NOPE
My penis went numb earlier this week, honestly. fine now though.

just thought i'd add my ailment to the thread.

hope u get better tho.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Sounds like a low blood sugar to me. I've been diabetic since I was two, so I'd know

And being very very cold, particularly your extremities, and having a racing heart can be signs of it. Also, losing the ability to drive... (says she who managed to crash her car into a wall while driving at 10mph because of a low blood sugar)

You could have hyperinsulinism. Or, just get random low blood sugars, many people do. Google "hypoglycaemia" and see if you fit the other symptoms.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
^

diabetes causes exaustion to my knwledge of a few weeks ago, so that might be it.

THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by SlipknotRule93
^

diabetes causes exaustion to my knwledge of a few weeks ago, so that might be it.

Having a very low or very high blood sugar does...the diabetes itself doesn't

And I'm talking about type one by the way (genetic type), I don't know as much about type two.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
<//////>~ dA
Quote by esther_mouse
Having a very low or very high blood sugar does...the diabetes itself doesn't

And I'm talking about type one by the way (genetic type), I don't know as much about type two.

i dont know the difference between the types. that's just one of the things i was told in my science class.

THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
Quote by SlipknotRule93
i dont know the difference between the types. that's just one of the things i was told in my science class.

Type one is genetic, ie you inherit the genes for it from your parents. You usually get it at a young age, (I got it at 2, my sister at 7), but can get it up until your early twenties (my boyfriend was diagnosed with it a couple of months ago, he's 20). It's controlled by insulin injections, but you can basically still eat normally and do normal things. It's when the part of your pancreas that creates insulin is totally destroyed by the immune system, which attacks it after it starts producing too much insulin. So you end up producing no insulin of your own, hence having to inject.

Type two is the "fat American" kind, lol. Usually (not always) caused by an unhealthy lifestyle. Can also be a side effect of other medical conditions. It's generally controlled by diet and pills, and eating too much sugar is a big no. People usually get this when they're older - late 30s, 40s, etc, but people are getting it younger and younger because people are getting unhealthier. The pancreas is basically partially destroyed by all the unhealthy crap - drinking lots, eating a bunch of crap, etc. But it still produces a small amount of insulin. This is sometimes augmented by injections, but usually they try to control it with a strict diet and sometimes pills.

Anyway it's unlikely TS has diabetes, because whilst he would have low blood sugars at the very start it's unlikely he'd notice - he'd just be hungrier than usual. Then he'd notice and feel very ill when they started going very very high.

But he might have hyperinsulinism which is related to diabetes. It causes your pancreas to create too much insulin, making your blood sugar go too low, causing symptoms such as TS described.
<//////>~ dA
I had a similar thing at my Dads wedding, except i felt really sleepy and fell asleep. I had been on my feet all day (Best Man) and it was the hottest day of the year and i had'nt eatten anything all day, and i was wearing a suit...Go figure.

You'll be fine, just take it easy for a few days until your body sorts itself out.
K, coo.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Hope yur ohkayy.
Luvvsssssss~~~
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Quote by xbouncer927

As of right now my chest throbs every now and then and i get this wierd "liquidy" feeling in my chest.

My friend had something where he had extra fluid building up in his heart, and he had to go the hospital for a few weeks to get it fixed. Now he seems to be mostly unaffected by it, but he still has a small heart murmur, and he can't do coke or meth, since he'll have a heart attack.
Saint Louis Blues
If it's diabetes you will start taking leaks ALOT.

Half of my family has type 2 diabetes, and we're not even a bunch of fatasses, but everytime i go to the toilet alot my family gets worried and checks my blood sugar.
Sad to hear this news.

Bump this thread in a few days when you get the results? I'm sure more than a few of us would like to know how a fellow Pit dweller is getting on.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
that sux man. if u die, can i have ur LP?

hope u get better! even if i do want that lp....
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by The Picker
he can't do coke or meth, since he'll have a heart attack.

damn, you know he's missing out on so much!