I recently purchased a Peavey Vypyr 75 last Saturday, now today, I went and turned it on, and it didn't turn on, everything is plugged in, I made sure about 50 times it was an an outlet, and plugged in properly, and still isn't turning on.

Now, I noticed when I bought it, it took 2 to 3 times to turn it on for it to turn on correctly, and I didn't think anything of it. Now I guess it was bad thing actually that it did that.

Could anyone tell me what possibly might be wrong with the amp, before I literally explode, thanks so much in advance.
Last edited by eltyr18 at Dec 20, 2008,
You're damn right it was a bad idea to buy it.
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
It's way too sunny and warm here today to listen to black metal, I shall bookmark it and come back when the weather is worse.
Quote by Floyd93
You're damn right it was a bad idea to buy it.

I opened it up at home, thats when I found out all the problems with it.
You should probably return it. I hope you saved the receipt or your stuck with it. That or you can send it into peavey but that'll be a pretty penny.
^ You're joking right?

NOTHING is worse than Spiders, and Vypyrs are brilliant when you actually get one that works.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
Vypyrs are brilliant when you actually get one that works.

Yeah, getting one that actually works is the real trick. With all the problems the Vypyrs have had, Peavey really should have addressed them bu now.
Well the PC connectivity helps, a lot of people have fixed their problems via a simple firmware update.
You need to update the amp's software to version 1.55. You'll need a midi cable to do so. It will solve this boot issue. Sorry about your luck.