Page 1 of 2
alright, so I finally got around to watching this movie, and I'm confused.
Very confused.

The zombies are described as being a pack of wild monsters, who want nothing more than to chew on will smith's balls. However, throughout the movie they show that they are capable of learning (building a trap similar to one Smith built earlier on in the movie) and have some kind of social heirarchy (sp?), seeing as there is one dude who seems to be the leader. Also, they never bothered to attack Will Smith until he kidnapped one of their's, so i would have imagined them attacking the house not to kill Smith but to simply rescue the chick, or to avenge her death or whatever.

But then, at the end of the movie, they are monsters and nothing more.

Can anyone explain this to me? This makes no sense.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Very confused.

The zombies are described as being a pack of wild monsters, who want nothing more than to chew on will smith's balls. However, throughout the movie they show that they are capable of learning (building a trap similar to one Smith built earlier on in the movie) and have some kind of social heirarchy (sp?), seeing as there is one dude who seems to be the leader. Also, they never bothered to attack Will Smith until he kidnapped one of their's, so i would have imagined them attacking the house not to kill Smith but to simply rescue the chick, or to avenge her death or whatever.

see if you can get hold of the alternate ending, comes with the special edition, makes much more sense.
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
they didnt attack because they didnt know where he livedvbut when the girl brought him home they tracked them, but the human qualities were to show that they could still be brought back. and the reason at the end they were just monsters was the increased aggression from the disease
Quote by yo_peh
i love you!
have cookie

Quote by RocksAwakening5
^^^ So much win, omg.
Read the book.

They completely changed the last 30% of the story or so, even before the ending portion. Plus a lot of other stuff.

The alternate ending doesn't even begin to cover it.
What's the alternate ending? I downloaded this movie and thought it sucked a brick house made of dicks, all the zombies were wearing the same pants srsly wtf.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
There was a second shooter. grassy knoll.
Jackson DK2M
Epi Les Paul Goth
Krank Rev 1+
Marshall 1960A Cab
Was I the only one who considered he built the trap and just was going crazy and forgot about it?
Quote by SkyValley
What's the alternate ending? I downloaded this movie and thought it sucked a brick house made of dicks, all the zombies were wearing the same pants srsly wtf.

SPOILER ALERT

In the book (and some earlier film adaptations) he dies, the whole point is essentially that the whole world turns into vampires and that humans are now the legendary creatures (hence the title)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Just watch the alternate ending or read the book. Makes more sense, and the ending is just better. It's not as half-assed or cliche'.
if you watch he always covers his tracks before he goes into the house with some Di-ionized water (??) or something to cover his smell. He also never goes out after dark, until that woman rescues him, so they never could follow him. And at the end they are just pissed, much like primitive man would be like. And like creepy death said, the book is different and explains more.
"Love doesn't exist and I'm not picking on love, because I don't think friendship exists either"

GEAR:
Caparison PLM-3
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Gretch A/E G3700
Soldano SLO 50w clone
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
SPOILER ALERT

In the book (and some earlier film adaptations) he dies, the whole point is essentially that the whole world turns into vampires and that humans are now the legendary creatures (hence the title)

Wow, that's actually incredibly clever. I would have really liked the movie if this is how it ended.

F*ck Hollywood.
Quote by CLVPX
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
SPOILER ALERT

wow, and they changed that? wtf?
so instead of having a meaningful ending they chose to just have a big explosion?

retards
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
SPOILER ALERT

I thought it was because he was tormenting them without realizing it, so he's (for lack of a better word) the boogey-man to them or something, and it reverses the entire movie around.

But I might be wrong.
Quote by RCH15
I thought it was because he was tormenting them without realizing it, so he's (for lack of a better word) the boogey-man to them or something, and it reverses the entire movie around.

But I might be wrong.

yeah that's part of it too. I was just simplifying it. It's essentially a role reversal between humans and vampires.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by corrylb19
Was I the only one who considered he built the trap and just was going crazy and forgot about it?

Nope i thought that too...

and i thought he was using frank as a lure too...
Proud Australian.
Wait a second, when I watched the movie he died at the end and she went off to that sanctuary. Was that actually the alternate ending? How did it end in theaters?

edit: WHY AM I ALWAYS POST NUMBER 21? EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN TIME I POST IN A THREAD I'M POST NUMBER 21 AT THE TOP OF THE SECOND PAGE.
This is like the third time tonight that I've been number 21. So effing weird.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
well, will Smith's character did not realize that there is a form of order within the monsters. the basic idea is to show that they were a different type of people, but still had feelings and such. just because they aren't normakl, because they might now be what we conside human, they still have feelings, emotions, order. just like other animals, insects, plants, and all that other ****.

and will smith never let them know where he lived. he always covered his tracks, and went home before sunset, when they could see him. if he stayed out afterwards, he would not go home until dawn, so they couldn't track him.

and the alternate ending is probably something you were looking for.
Now if only it had taken place in Soviet Russia...
Quote by CLVPX
From what I gleaned from buddies who read the book, he kills them while they're sleeping during the day, so yeah he becomes a sort of boogey-man legend dude. At the end of the book, I think they capture him and execute him, something fairly dark like that. Also, wasn't he a fat white guy in the book?
Quote by Ninjake
... isn't mung like, a bean?
Dude I never knew about this real ending.

Now I'm seriously pissed off.

That would have been so stellar, why the fuck did they do that?
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by corrylb19

+1

He ran into his own trap like a moron.
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

I hated the ending as well, but it was better than the one in Omega Man.

What I don't get is why Frank's head moved. Was it supposed to be wishful thinking on Will's part or what?

I don't think it was meant to be his own trap because he saw Frank at the video store. He'd have had to make the trap soon after that, and he wouldn't have forgotten about it so quickly.
XIAOXI
Last edited by Abunai X at Dec 20, 2008,
Quote by CoreysMonster
wow, and they changed that? wtf?
so instead of having a meaningful ending they chose to just have a big explosion?

retards

It is a meaningful ending, he sacrificed himself so the girl can get the cure to the rest of the survivors, and save humanity.
Quote by Gmp
It is a meaningful ending, he sacrificed himself so the girl can get the cure to the rest of the survivors, and save humanity.

i thought it was ridiculously cliched.

but hey.. thats my opinion.
Proud Australian.
Quote by Gmp

but it's been done a quajillion times before, and having humanity die off and the infected become the new human race seems to hold alot more meaning than some dude sacrificing himself to kill zombies to save humanity. it just seems so awkward "we got the cure to some camp and everything was awesome and Will Smith is a legend."

I honestly said WTF at the end, I couldn't believe that was all there was to it.

oh well.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Very confused.

there's your problem right there.

mutants =/= zombies
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
even as cliche an ending, i thought the movie kicked ass.

Will smith has been doing amazingly lately
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Quote by kaosfire
even as cliche an ending, i thought the movie kicked ass.

Will smith has been doing the same thing forever

fixed.

i like him and all, but he's the same guy in all his movies.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Quote by gun4hire
there's your problem right there.

mutants =/= zombies

meh it's all the same to me

no, you're right.

damn, i gotta go get this book now!
*runs to book store in boxer shorts*
Quote by gun4hire
fixed.

na man, ur thinking will ferrel and adam sandler

will smith has done pursuit of happiness, hancock, and this.

dont even tell me they are the same.

and dont bother arguing, im too drunk to listen to reason.
Quote by Primus2112

Quote by gun4hire
fixed.

one word.

wildwildwest
Is this all because he's black?

Quote by Hakanku
I once went in to a public restroom and George Michael approached me for sex. True Story.
Quote by kaosfire
na man, ur thinking will ferrel and adam sandler

will smith has done pursuit of happiness, hancock, and this.

dont even tell me they are the same.

and dont bother arguing, im too drunk to listen to reason.

pursuit of happyness was the one different one, but look at Hancock, I Robot, I am Legend, Wild Wild West, Men In Black(I and II), Bad Boys(I and II), and Independence Day. he is the same guy in ALL those movies
Quote by Sonicxlover
Well if we're spoiling the ending...

Yes. The point is that he finds out that the vampires/mutants are essentially still human. In the book, he DOES get captured. They take him to their city, which is where he realizes that he is in fact the monster, hence the name of the book. He is what vampires are to us now, the monster to be afraid of when you go to sleep. He (with help) kills himself before they execute him.

Also, the trap he went into at the part with Frank was set by the vampire/mutant. It was supposed to allude to the idea of them being intelligent, which they hinted at but never really confirmed in the movie.
Page 1 of 2