I was watching a show called Mystery Hunters and theres 2 people (they're both about 10 years old),and 1 of them go into space and doesn't come back for like......... 40 years, i forgot how many years, but the person who stayed on earth is like REALLY old and the person who went into space has only aged about 7/8years.

I don't get it, how's that work??
Have Heart

xXx STRAIGHT EDGE xXx

//Are you as think as i drunk you are?//

Quote by DrPants PhD

-Some pregnant teacher threw up on my sister, lawl.
OWNED
It doesn't? I'm pretty sure nobody has been in space for that long. That would seriously screw up your mentality.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I learned this in science like two years ago, something to do with wormholes and going back in time or something, we watched a movie on it too... can't remember what it was though lol.
Last edited by RPGoof at Dec 20, 2008,
the guy in space divided by zero
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
it has to do with how fast the person in space is traveling. i think you need to be moving at the speed of light for it to make sense.
Quote by daytripper75
it has to do with how fast the person in space is traveling. i think you need to be moving at the speed of light for it to make sense.

Yep. In theory, a person moving at near-light speeds will have the surrounding universe age faster, while his own body will age normally.

//VERY rough explanation.
Quote by daytripper75

this is the most correct answer so far. it does have something to do with how fast the person is traveling in space. and that chick on that show has a big rack for being 10.
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
theory of relativity. go look it up. I'd explain it to you, but I'm too lazy to draw/find the diagrams and everything.
Einstein's theory of general relativity. The faster you go, the slower time passes for you. Always. The guy on the spaceship was going very very fast, so while only like 7 years passed for him, 40 had passed on earth.
It's General Relativity. Time moves more slowly for things that are moving at near-light-speeds.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
He probably should have died from the pressure on his body caused by the gravity on earth, after being in space for forty years.

You know, I was wondering, like, if you were traveling through outer space, I mean, like, you're going real fast, like the speed of light, you know, and all of a sudden you started screaming, waahhhh, aahhhh! ...do you think your brain would blow up?
Quote by Survivalism

You know, I was wondering, like, if you were traveling through outer space, I mean, like, you're going real fast, like the speed of light, you know, and all of a sudden you started screaming, waahhhh, aahhhh! ...do you think your brain would blow up?

What in the Hell are you talking about?
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Quote by SOADrox429
What in the Hell are you talking about?

I'm talking about go learn good movies so you know what I mean when I quote them.
Quote by Survivalism
I'm talking about go learn good movies so you know what I mean when I quote them.

I think I'm good.
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Quote by Survivalism
Movie racist.

Pretty much.