is the buzzing or whatever due to the action?? on both my cheapo fixed up guitar and my new ibanez, i have to raise the action real high so the strings wont touch....is there something else that could be causing it??? i like the strings low. the ibanez worked before, it just all of a sudden started doing that. and the cheapo, the strings are REALLY high. that might just be cuz its a piece of crap...but still. theres gotta be something....

anybody know?
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass
B (Fender Strat Knock off)

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp
needs set up for sure. Many thing could be the problem. Check Youtube, there's some videos that tell you about how to check your neck and checking action. I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself tho.
You could adjust your neck's truss rod.

Explain the action. Is it low on the first few frets and just gradually gets higher?
Or low at the first few then high at the mid and low at the higher frets?

You probobly need to tighten it and bow your neck.
I love you both repliers. No one has been able to correctly tell me how to fix it (i have buzz on the g string). I've been tol to lower and raise the action (both work for about 10 minutes, then it starts again), lubricate the string, get new strings, file my frets. Now I got someone to tighten my truss rod and its fixed.
so i should take ti somewhere....this sucks
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass
B (Fender Strat Knock off)

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp
you can do it yourself pimp, but it's best to take it to a music store if your not too confident. It's a minor thing takes like 5 minutes at most...
Be careful when messing with the truss rod if you do it yourself. It does not take much to screw it up if you don't know what yo are doing.