kk, so i got one a LOONg time ago. i couldnt get the floyd rose working. took it to the shop neither could they. we gave up and sold it back. i thought maybe somethign was wring with it...i get a new, brand new one. it works fine for a few weeks. stupid ass me decides i should retune it. i unlock the crap, do all that stuff, tune it, lock it up. now, i tune high e first. go all the way up. its all perfect. check the high e again, its out. i fix that, b, and g. now the top 3 are out. i fix those. now the ****ing bottom 3. it never ends. untill my ****ing fine tuners wont go any lower....

what do i do??? PLEASE HELP!!!!
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass
B (Fender Strat Knock off)

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp
wait. so it goes out of tune after you lock the nut? with the fine tuners?
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Last edited by SomebodySomeone at Dec 20, 2008,
yes. im tuning with the fine tuners, then the other strings go out.
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp
try to get the guitar as perfectly in tune as possible before locking the nut. i had the same problem but luckily i have ocd and MUST have a perfectly in tune guitar.

here's what you do:

before you do anything make sure the fine tuners are in the middle. so that you can have a good range flat or sharp.

unlock the nut and stretch the strings as much as possible. tune up but don't lock the nut. continue to stretch the strings and retune until it doesn't go dramatically out of tune.

when that's done, once again try to get it as perfectly in tune as possible. since you have already stretched the strings, they shouldn't go too much out of tune while tuning adjacent strings. now lock the nut. fine tune slowly if necessary but you should be pretty much done.

P.S fine tuners help little imperfections in you tuning but they also affect the string spring balance. btw what kinda guitar are we talking about?

EDIT: make sure you have your trem angled properly.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Last edited by SomebodySomeone at Dec 20, 2008,
Well, first make sure you tune all the 6 strings, then lock them, because locking the strings can cause them to get a bit out of tune, so if that occurs, make sure it's atleast relatively tuned. Second thing, check that the bridge is in good shape, and that the screws are holding those things that lock the end of the strings, since when I bought my guitar, the screws weren't in the right position, to they weren't holding anything, and ofc, the strings got badly out of tune.
its a RG5EX1

im seriously thinking about selling it back. either i need someone to show me this *** or i cant do it. i see crappy pictures in the manual, and you tell me to make sure its "angled right" and all this crap i dont know anything about. i knew itd be a pain, but i didnt knwo i had to be a ****ing genius with this stuff. im stupid. i really am. i cant learn ****. its really hard for me. stuff like this. it just goes inmy head and right back out. if i had someone show me though, a friend, which i lack severely, then something might happen.

and yeah, i guess im kinda OCD about it too cuz i cant play a guitar if the tunings even slightly bad. if i hear lil waves, i have to tune it. and especially with this guitar, and the fine tunings, i cant tune it for ****. i spend forever turning one lil knob to make it perfect. but it NEVER is.

so i just dont knwo what to do anymore. ive always wanted a ibanez, or something with a floyd rose. but theyre all bitches to me. . they hate me
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp
Don't get too angry. Floyd roses are a pain in the arse at first but once you get used to them ou can tune them pretty quickly and painlessly.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by PiMpPiStOl
kk, so i got one a LOONg time ago. i couldnt get the floyd rose working. took it to the shop neither could they. we gave up and sold it back. i thought maybe somethign was wring with it...i get a new, brand new one. it works fine for a few weeks. stupid ass me decides i should retune it. i unlock the crap, do all that stuff, tune it, lock it up. now, i tune high e first. go all the way up. its all perfect. check the high e again, its out. i fix that, b, and g. now the top 3 are out. i fix those. now the ****ing bottom 3. it never ends. untill my ****ing fine tuners wont go any lower....

what do i do??? PLEASE HELP!!!!

1 - you don't chop and change tunings on a Floyd unless you're prepared for the ballache that goes along with it - you obviously weren't.

2 - What you're describing is perfectly normal behaviour, the bridge is floating, it relies on the balance of tension between the strings and the springs in the back for stability. If you start changing the tuning then that mucks up the string tension and the springs will shift to compensate.

3 - tune the low E first. It's the thickest string with the most tension therefore it has the most effect on the bridge. You'll still have to keep retuning as you go but you'll never get it to settle down if you try to start from the high E.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Relax! Gotta relax man.

I think this is what an Edge III should look parallel

If not, open the back panel and tighten the screws or loosen the screws to match the Parallel ness.

Few tips:

1. STRETCH STRINGS. Do as much bends and vibrato and stretch those strings!
2. Tune to pitch.
3. Check bridge level. If it is not parallel, tighten or loosen screws at back.
3b) Tune to pitch if you had to change bridge level.

4. Repeat above process a few times, ensure strings are fully stretched.

5. Lock the nut down. Not too tight but not too loose. Just tight enough to stop the strings from moving about.
6. Tune using fine tuners. Start with the low E, then A. etc.

Then you should be fine. Emphasise on string stretching!

Also, when you are tuning, tune like this.

E > A
E > A > D
E > A > D > G
E > A > D > G > B
E > A > D > G > B > E

And repeat.