Ok so for the last few years I've been all like I want to be a professional musician, Nothing will stop me blah blah. But lately I've been getting more and more into literature. Anyways I dropped out of school a long time ago for I don't know what reason (stupid stupid mistake on my part I regret it so much).

So what I'm trying to say is should I keep spending hours and hours aiming for a dream that probably won't happen or go back to school get caught up and go to college and major in English?

I know it's pretty obvious which one I should pick but it's like, I love them both with all my heart.

So any guidance in this situation will be really appreciated!
Dude, you can go to school and still play an instrument.
If you love them both then the logical thing to do is pick the option that is most beneficial to you, which is school. As Gmp said, you can still play.

Going to school will give you more options which will be useful in the event that you don't achieve your dream of becoming a pro musician.

Not that I'm saying you won't.
XIAOXI
Go to school, and practice guitar as diligently as possible in your free time.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
I don't really know how to word this correctly, but I'll try. It's great to have goals and have a passion for something you want to do, but you can't just count on that, you know what I mean? It will always be a passion, something you enjoy doing and you can always give it your all, but it might not work out and then what?

Have a goal like that, but also have another goal that is something that you can count on happening do that your always alright and in the green.
I agree with what everyone else has said. Having a steady career helps the musician thing down the line anyway. Nobody wants to be in a band with a guy who can't come up with his share of the merch/gas/rehearsal rent money.
Thorns Of Creation
Melodic Death Metal from Oregon
Check us out.

Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.
The choice IS obvious... GUITAR!
Quote by Meths

fret-less is wrong on most of his other points though. And he's an idiot.
Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs
Whos penis is small? fret-less's

FREE COREYSMONSTER! I'm not changing this until you RE-BAN CoreysMonster forever.
(He was mean to me once, and I'm a petty man)
depending on how old you are, try to live you're dream instead of settling for something lame like english. i'm 22 and i feel like i have plenty of time to try and build a name for my self
Reading your post, saying "a dream that probably won't happen anyway" pretty much sealed your fate. Go all out on the literature. If you cannot believe it will happen, it won't.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by RaY_TrEeS
depending on how old you are, try to live you're dream instead of settling for something lame like english. i'm 22 and i feel like i have plenty of time to try and build a name for my self
I am sixteen, and I don't think English is lame at all. Lots of the jobs I want involve writing.

Quote by Alter-Bridge
Reading your post, saying "a dream that probably won't happen anyway" pretty much sealed your fate. Go all out on the literature. If you cannot believe it will happen, it won't.
I do believe it will happen but like today I had somewhat of a mid-life crisis not exactly but like similiar, and I just realized how fragile life is and I just don't want to end up screwed in the end you know?
Go back and major in english. Like it's already been said, you can do that and still be into guitar and spend alot of time doing it, but not really the other way around.
Quote by RaY_TrEeS

Quote by RaY_TrEeS

Just out of curiosity, where are you currently working?
XIAOXI
You should definitely go back to school. Just work hard in English and practice guitar heaps. That way, if one of them isn't working out, you still have the other option.
Quote by Abunai X
Just out of curiosity, where are you currently working?

i have a full time job delivering wine and i support myself and live on my own. and my band is constantly gigging and i couldn't be happier.