I currently have a Marshall MG 50DFX (Flame shield on!) which is too large to take into college to jam with.

I need something alot smaller, but that can hold its own over some drums and maybe a bass. Something that sounds fairly good to.

Any ideas? I was having a look at some of the roland microcubes which are nice and small, but im guessing they arn't going to be powerfull enough for jamming on.

Any ideas?
Are You Shpongled..?
Budget?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
Budget?

Maybe about 100? I really don't know. I don't mind paying a bit more if its worth it. Just give me some ideas.
Are You Shpongled..?
get a 15 watt valve amp

that'll do nicely

or, better yet, make yourself an 18watt valve amp

google it
Gooby Pls.
Quote by Nemui-Kuma
what do you mean under jamming?
cuz no portable amp will loud enough for a drummer, but the microcube is a very good amp, and very loud for its size.

Basicly i mean playing with drums.
Are You Shpongled..?
Quote by MaAal_MaAan
get a 15 watt valve amp

that'll do nicely

or, better yet, make yourself an 18watt valve amp

google it

Can you reccomend a cheap 15 watt valve. As for making one myself, i don't think i have the time or equiptment to do that at the moment.
Are You Shpongled..?
Don't bump so early, try a Crate V18.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
theres a guy in my dorm that does fine with the 10 watt Ibanez practice amp thing, its more than enough to piss off our janitor and to jam with other guitarists/bass players/accordionists. Probably wouldn't hold up with a drummer

out of courtesy for everyone around you, if you're going to be jamming with a drummer don't do it in dorms, find a proper practice space :S
Quote by seljer
theres a guy in my dorm that does fine with the 10 watt Ibanez practice amp thing, its more than enough to piss off our janitor and to jam with other guitarists/bass players/accordionists. Probably wouldn't hold up with a drummer

out of courtesy for everyone around you, if you're going to be jamming with a drummer don't do it in dorms, find a proper practice space :S

Yeh i need something that can hold up with a drummer so i don't think that would do. We play in the music school to so its all cool

Don't bump so early, try a Crate V18.

Thats a bit to big. Sorry for being so picky by the way. Im looking for something that can be to and from places without much hastle.
Are You Shpongled..?
Quote by nugiboy
Yeh i need something that can hold up with a drummer so i don't think that would do. We play in the music school to so its all cool

Thats a bit to big. Sorry for being so picky by the way. Im looking for something that can be to and from places without much hastle.

you're going to be looking at stuff with a 10" or 12" speaker if you're going to want to hold up to a drummer. You're not going to get any much smaller than you're current Marshal MG. Tube amps are going to be heavier than a solid state combo too.