As the title says im looking for new amp for playing at home, so i need only about 15-30w. Im mostly playing metallica, GnR, Jimi Hendrix and Led Zeppelin. I have been looking for some marshall amps, but Im not sure witch one to pick. I have 400-800euros to use. Headphone input would be also good

ps. The guitar what im using atm is epis les paul custom black beauty if it makes sense
Last edited by leipuri at Dec 20, 2008,
Forget Marshalls, if you're thinking of buying one of the newer models. I think most of them are crap! By the way, do you have a preference for tube or SS amps? (we've gotta know)

Other than that, you could probably go with the Orange Tiny Terror for the Gnr, Hendrix, and Zep stuff. As for Metallica, with that amp you probably will need a pedal...
My Signal Chain:

Gibson 1974 Les Paul Custom
Vox AC-30 cc2 combo
JAM Pedals Tubedreamer +

Nigel will always be 1 louder than you!
The Tiny Terror can do Thrash
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by Zooropean11
Forget Marshalls, if you're thinking of buying one of the newer models. I think most of them are crap! By the way, do you have a preference for tube or SS amps? (we've gotta know)

Other than that, you could probably go with the Orange Tiny Terror for the Gnr, Hendrix, and Zep stuff. As for Metallica, with that amp you probably will need a pedal...

i would go for tube
Orange Tiny Terror, Peavey Valveking 112, Laney VC15 or VC30. All tube. I think all of them may need an OD boost for thrash, with the possible exception of the VK112. However, the Laney has the best clean sound, and a nice classic/general rock overdrive, so will probably suit you the best. I have a VC30-112 and its awesome, and VERY loud.

By the way, you mentioned the headphone input; you are very unlikely to find a tube amp which has one.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Last edited by Friendly Stoat at Dec 20, 2008,
Quote by leipuri
i would go for tube

If that's the case, then go for the Tiny Terror, if you can find it as a combo, which I'm certain you will (I think you can find one on thomann.de for about 500 euros).

It's a 15w amp, but you can drop it down to 7w, so it's ideal for playing in your bedroom. As for gigs and live happenings, it can pull its weight (of course, I've only ever used a head and cabinet configuration, and the cabinet did have 4x12 speakers)

It's a pretty versatile amp, and I think it's worth its money (I'm planning on buying the orange rocker 30, which is about 3 times the price...)

In the end though, it really is up to you to decide. take a look on other websites as well (harmony-central comes to mind). That should help you make up your mind.

Hope that helps
My Signal Chain:

Gibson 1974 Les Paul Custom
Vox AC-30 cc2 combo
JAM Pedals Tubedreamer +

Nigel will always be 1 louder than you!
Meh, I think the Tiny Terror is slightly overpriced, but for what you're doing it should be fine.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
In your price range I'd go with the laney vc 15 or vc 30. It's got a good classic rock voice and it's a very good price.
Not taking any online orders.