In your opinion, which arena, stadium, live house, hall, or whatever do you like the most?

I pick either Budokan, because I'm Japanese, or the O2 arena.
Small Club/Pub, much more intimate, better sound quality usualy, i hate arena shows.
Festivals/open air shows are good for over all atmosphere, sound quality can suffer in high winds though.

Edit: Just so happens i'm going to an arena show tonight, Biffy Clyro at the SECC in Glasgow, i hope they can pull it off, i've only saw 2 bands do that place justice (Slipknot and Motley Crue)
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Last edited by alkalineweeman at Dec 20, 2008,
Quote by alkalineweeman
Small Club/Pub, much more intimate, better sound quality usualy, i hate arena shows.
Festivals/open air shows are good for over all atmosphere, sound quality can suffer in high winds though.

some bands are way more suited for small pubs, that's true
I like The Purple Turtle in Camden. Actually, I'm playing there next month!

The Electric Ballroom, Islington Academy, Norwich Waterfront and Cambridge Junction are nice, too.
Quote by moody git
wembley me thinks

+1

This or wherever woodstock/lollapalooza is.

Then Newcastle Carling Academy. (Played my first gig there )
| Call me Matt. | | I like music. |
Quote by Minkaro
Best I've been to is JB's in Dudley. Nice and small, so you can get up close to the band, the bar and merch places are located where you can still see the stage whilst buying something.

It's safe when there isn't an idiot that climbs up on stage and start attacking the performers.
Whenever I've played somewhere that doesn't have a barrier I've never been attacked. Some weirdo kissed my shoes, though.
Alexandra Palace, just because of its absolutely stunning setting - in a building that could very easily be described as a palace, on top of a hill from which you can see most of London. Awesome.

Wolverhampton Civic Hall. Might be an unusual choice, but two of the best gigs I've ever been to - Radiohead and Sigur Ros - were there, the sound's great, there's always a really good atmosphere, but sadly it's in Wolverhampton which does compromise post-gig drinking a bit.

Norwich Arts Centre. A tiny venue in a converted church. The bar's in a separate room and they ring a bell in there 3 minutes before each band goes on. Instead of a cloakroom there's a coat rack by the door, but because Norwich is so far removed from the rest of the world your coat won't get nicked. Norwich crowds are always the most relentlessly enthusiastic I've ever seen - you know you're onto a winner when people are singing along at an iLiKETRAiNS gig.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Glasgow Barrowland. Springy floor

GAS
Throbak Stonebender | Fulltone Deja Vibe | Catalinbread Semaphore
Quote by radomu
In your opinion, which arena, stadium, live house, hall, or whatever do you like the most?

I pick either Budokan, because I'm Japanese, or the O2 arena.

I agree with Budokan. Sex Machineguns played live there and when the guitarists both run down the walkways and have a massive solo battle with each other across the arena, I just thought that was amazing.
My Last.FM

"The more you think, the better you're going to play. That should be a quote somewhere."
- Marty Friedman
They're both in Glasgow, Scotland.

The Glasgow Barrowlands and King Tuts Wah Wah Hut.

Other than those the London Astoria was pretty good, as was the Camden Koko.
i like Sheffield Arena

partly cos it's the only venue i've been to..but i still like it
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
I like the NEC arena in Birmingham. When you get an excellent sound engineer, the sound is mind blowing.

The symphony Hall in Birmingham's good, too.

But my favourite for atmostphere is JB's, can't be beaten imo.
London Underworld 4 life.
Hi

Quote by iceman95
Fiddler is a god!!!! omg that's a good movie
alexandra palace is my fav out of the places ive been too

ive been st albans arena, alexandra palace and twickenham stadium
Quote by Fiddler
London Underworld 4 life.

Ooo! I forgot that- and Alexandra Palace, too!

It's starting to get to the point where I don't remember most of the places I play.
Quote by Chikao42
I like the NEC arena in Birmingham. When you get an excellent sound engineer, the sound is mind blowing.

The symphony Hall in Birmingham's good, too.

I can agree with those, i'm hoping Symphony Hall is good for comedy in June when I see Russel Howard.
Don't forget the Town Hall in Birmingham too, good venue. The Academy and Barfly are awful though.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Quote by freedoms_stain
They're both in Glasgow, Scotland.

The Glasgow Barrowlands and King Tuts Wah Wah Hut.

These are the exact 2 venues i was going to say
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
The best one I've been to is Camden Underworld.

Or, for a big venue, Wembley Stadium.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by freedoms_stain
King Tuts Wah Wah Hut.

Try lugging an 8x10 cab up 3 flights of stairs and then say it's your favourite venue.
Hyde park when its all set up is nice for big gigs.

Islington and Brixton academies, and Camden Underworld.
Harpo's in detroit. A giant nasty bar with huge names playing in it. Loud as all hell
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"