Pinch harmonisc/ Artofficial harmonic? seems your on youtube look up a lesson on how to do it
it sounds like he's using an Ebow, the 'squeal' has something to do with the position of the note on the neck... can't remember which, or why though...
Yeah I know what you mean I've heard that a couple of times before as well, not sure how to do it

I think he just has loads and loads of distortion on it, and eventually it just breaks the note and makes it go high frequency. It's not just a pinch harmonic though, it's too gradual
controlled feedback

you just stand close to an amp, with lots of distortion, hold a note and wait for it to feedback. It's to do with the magnets of the pickups and the magnets in the amp causing the strings to vibrate and creating a squeal.
Last edited by TheSecondRaid at Dec 20, 2008,
it might be a tapped harminic coupled with some feedback
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
IT's not tap it's just a note going into feedback.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
its definitely not pinch harmonics cuz it squeals only after the original note is played.
i've read up and almost all of them say that you gotta be near the amp.. so how do they do it in live gigs?
Quote by Freepower
... move towards the amp.

Plus, at gigs it's usually loud enough to feedback without any help.

This.

There's also PA system around you etc.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
I believe Brian (or Synyster, whatever you want to call him.) has a sustainer of some description these days (Which is like, a device which when turned on, magic happens and makes controlled feedback), in another video I saw of that same solo he was playing with a switch while fretting notes and sliding around the neck and stuff.

You should be able to get a similar effect by using shxt loads of distortion and standing near your amp, volume must be pretty high aswell.

Edit - Here's the video, not exactly the one I was on about but it's close enough I think;

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JuHLAqKiADQ
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Dec 20, 2008,
I believe it's made with the amp, search for the video of John Petrucci in the G3 05 (Satriani, Vai, Petrucci) He does that in the end of Damage Control.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Quote by Maton+SG
Whammy pedal?

why revive a topic from last year.

That sounds long, but seriously a topic that's more then a month old.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??