I've decided that I might just stop trying to convince myself that I hate going to school for anything but music (I currently am in university).

As far as music schools go, I wanted to go to the Musician's Institute in LA. Though I am open to other suggestions.

But I just didn't know if anyone here knew how difficult it was to get in. Obviously I'd like to do Guitar Performance, but they do offer other non-performance majors in music (like business and recording) and I didn't know how those compared.

Can anyone help me at all? Honestly, I'm terrified.
That does actually help somewhat, thank you.

Does anyone have personal experience with M.I. though? I know that this is what I want to do, but I'm extremely scared, as I have no idea what they even expect.

I also wanted to add that ideally I would be doing the Bachelor's program, if anyone knows about that.
From my experience at my music institute its great.

Just make sure you know your pentatonics and your CAGED your pretty much sorted.
I'm not sure if it's different for Berklee / MI. Infact you could probably email Dave Wiener from the Steve Vai band. He's usually good at responding. He studied at MI

Remember to show good attitude and work ethic as well
Thanks so much, I appreciate it.

Is that for getting in, or just after? Well, I'm sure you should know that after, too. But you know what I mean.
I once asked Paul Gilbert about M.I, and he told me it was really great, and that he improved a lot while studying there. Pauls a great guy, so if you ever get a chance, ask him. Or as someone else said, Ask Dave. Hes a good guy for answering questions, too.

I'm planning on trying to get into M.I Once i graduate highschool.
I actually got accepted and i'm going to start in april....

It was pretty easy...

Who needs a roomie !
hate to break it too you, but MI is a joke. i was considering it and did tons of research, it's a waste. you aren't guarranteed a job after going to music school.
Quote by skaterskagg1
hate to break it too you, but MI is a joke. i was considering it and did tons of research, it's a waste. you aren't guarranteed a job after going to music school.

That sucks. What did you hear, exactly?