Hey Im serious about my music and want to continue and study it, I was thinking of going to MI... Would this be a good place to go? I've got mixed comments about it so far, please if someone has been there give me your opinion on why or why I shouldnt go there I dont want to waste 3-4 years of money from working my arse off on something that Im going to be bummed about..

Oh and if its good what should I do(guitar)... like Bachelor of Music, Associate of Arts, Certificate, Non-Certificate..ect.
Im aiming for the highest and best I can learn from and have no idea about what those mean, yes, Im a dumb arse So please explain

thanks
I've taken a tour of that school before and from what I can tell, it's one of those "Show" schools. Sure, they have a lot of fancy teachers and big names behind them but when it gets down to the content that you learn and the manner in which you learn it, it's pretty fast and not in-depth.

Sure, some people's experiences have probably been great and they love the school but, from what I'VE heard anyways from what I think are credible musicians, I (personally) would stay away from that school.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
I went there. I strongly recommend NOT going, and instead go to a reputable University.

When I went, there were ads for guitarists that would say " NO GIT !!!".
That says alot right there.

Also GIT has been around for along time. Ask yourself this. How many truly successful musicians have come out of there? A very very very small percentage.

Don't buy the hype, because thats what they're selling ya.

I would certainly get more opinions before making your choice though. I'm only one person. But as you can tell, I hated it. I learned MUCH more from my local community college and University. Really, even the community college was better.....alot better.

Quote by jasonmetal love
I've taken a tour of that school before and from what I can tell, it's one of those "Show" schools. Sure, they have a lot of fancy teachers and big names behind them but when it gets down to the content that you learn and the manner in which you learn it, it's pretty fast and not in-depth.

Sure, some people's experiences have probably been great and they love the school but, from what I'VE heard anyways from what I think are credible musicians, I (personally) would stay away from that school.

You haven't attended but your instinct is dead on. You've described it quite accurately.

"the content that you learn and the manner in which you learn it, it's pretty fast and not in-depth."......... That was my take exactly after spending a year there.

ofcourse at 1st you don't want to believe that, and your living in LA, so you think its cool, but in the end you come out with practically nothing of value. (or very little). A scattered, shallow, practically useless understanding of a whole lotta things.

It's a "gimmick" school. The degree will likely get you nowhere in the real world.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Dec 20, 2008,