I'm thinking about getting the Orange Tiny Terror, as I need a new amp (had to sell my old Marshall DSL 401), and seeing as it has 15 watts:

about how loud would this be in comparison to the 40 watt DSL?
Is it okay to crank tube amps all the way up, or will this damage something? (if I run the Tiny Terror through a 2x12 cab)
Judging from wattage the DSL would be 25% louder but wattage isn't really a measurement of loudness - more a measurement of headroom.

The Tiny Terror might even be louder than the DSL because it breaks up earlier.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by CoreysMonster
what is "headroom", is that the amount of volume an amp can produce while sounding clean?

Pretty much so.

If you want a clean loud amp, the higher the wattage the better.

As valve amps sound better with the power valves saturated it means turning the volume way up! but with the higher wattage the louder the sound.

With a 7w/15w switchable valve amp (TT) you will get those beautiful sounds at a lower volume.

The Tiny Terror is an amazing amp by the way!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by CoreysMonster
I'm thinking about getting the Orange Tiny Terror, as I need a new amp (had to sell my old Marshall DSL 401), and seeing as it has 15 watts:

about how loud would this be in comparison to the 40 watt DSL?
Is it okay to crank tube amps all the way up, or will this damage something? (if I run the Tiny Terror through a 2x12 cab)

Turning up an amp isn't going to damage it. The Tiny Terror is very loud so I doubt you would be able to turn it up to full volume.