Page 1 of 2
I'm figuring out what to do for my almost-girlfriend's christmas present! Today she gave me a painting she did, it's absolutely wonderful and everything. I was planning to get her a couple of The Cure albums and something else, probably homemade. I'm trying to figure out what.

I'm not hugely artistically talented. I'd make her a kazoo but I've already done that >.< And I'm not really sure. Something a bit whacky, you know? Anything you guys have done in the past that's worked out good?

I really appreciate the help. Muchos sex for anyone who helps or tries to :>

But yeah, she's super arty and very shy and everything. That enough information? She likes art and literature especially, and to an extent music and theatre.

THANKS!!
No, that's stupid. I'm not into her books/painters, it'd be the most fake thing ever.
inb4dickinabox
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
what is a KAZOO?
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
If you guys share any personal jokes, you could play on that. I remember 2 years ago, my to-be girlfriend and I shared a joke about penguins, and so I got her penguin-related things. Something like that. Or if you're serious about it, compile all your emails and texts, and bind them nicely. I think would be quite touching.

Hope that helps.

-Adam
give her flowers and chogludz. girls love that kinda sh*te.

Quote by b00m_
inb4dickinabox

popcorn trick.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by Guitarlord44
go to the realationship thread.

Why do people always come to the Pit about this crap?

Because the Relationship thread isn't in the Pit
Quote by SlipknotRule93
give her flowers and chogludz. girls love that kinda sh*te.

popcorn trick.

Ah, I see what you did there.

And I like it.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
Quote by freedoms_stain
Just give you're almost-girlfriend a box wrapped up to look like a present.

That's an almost-present.

makes sense though.

EDIT:

hang on...

how can you have an "almost girlfriend"? does it require legal paper work now?

THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by ZeGuitarist
Because the Relationship thread isn't in the Pit

yeah after i typed that i noticed what i said
Quote by Stormx
I'm figuring out what to do for my almost-girlfriend's christmas present! Today she gave me a painting she did, it's absolutely wonderful and everything. I was planning to get her a couple of The Cure albums and something else, probably homemade. I'm trying to figure out what.

I'm not hugely artistically talented. I'd make her a kazoo but I've already done that >.< And I'm not really sure. Something a bit whacky, you know? Anything you guys have done in the past that's worked out good?

I really appreciate the help. Muchos sex for anyone who helps or tries to :>

But yeah, she's super arty and very shy and everything. That enough information? She likes art and literature especially, and to an extent music and theatre.

THANKS!!

What?

But if she's just a "demi"-girlfriend just ask her out?
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!
Quote by TheQuailman
It is a musical instrument that looks like a crack pipe.

EDIT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAg5KjnAhuU

It's the samll thingy attached to the headstock of the ukele/keyboard/whatever.

ooohh sounds like my kind of thing
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by Guitarlord44
Why do people always come to the Pit about this crap?

The replies you get in Songwriting & Lyrics just ain't the same.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by b00m_
Ah, I see what you did there.

And I like it.

considers sigging first realised praise in the pit...

THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
what freedom_stains or corruption said. surely getting a bit of your meat would be a substantial present for her?
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
^haha nice
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!
Quote by nightraven
write her a song with poetic lyrics referencing to her favourite books and painters

Dr. Seuss style.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by true_bacon22
I get to buy my GF COD5 because she actually wants it! Oh god, I love her!

RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Corruption
What?

But if she's just a "demi"-girlfriend just ask her out?

This is exactly what I was thinking. Maybe work it into your present? That could be potentially be lame but maybe she'll think its cute.

She opens present. Sees card inside. Reads card. She says "yes." Sex.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
Quote by barb3rman
This is exactly what I was thinking. Maybe work it into your present? That could be potentially be lame but maybe she'll think its cute.

She opens present. Sees card inside. Reads card. She says "yes." Sex.

Or he finds out she's a lesbian. That's what I'm hoping for, I need some excitement in my life.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Or he finds out she's a lesbian. That's what I'm hoping for, I need some excitement in my life.

yes that would be funny to!
Quote by IDread

Quote by RIPKurt67-94

I hijacked this!
Quote by freedoms_stain
Just give you're almost-girlfriend a box wrapped up to look like a present.

That's an almost-present.

You win.
Wait, DEMI GF? So she's half a normal girlfriend... Thats' gotta cause some problems, but I guess it has its' plus sides too
No, Bad Chris, BAD! Back in your cage!
Ahm... I'll go with a cheap-ass bit o' jewellery - Gals are like crows, they like Shiny things - And at least if it doesn't cost a fortune, it doesn't look like you're trying too hard & still her as a pal rather than a source of Booty calls
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Almost-girlfriend? So what is she?
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
A little explanation: We like eachother a lot, but we're totally disorganised and hugely busy over christmas. She's got a 10-day art piece to do as an entrance requirement for university, and I've got 5 exams in january (I think she has two)...

So yeah, it's basically a case of "we should go out once we have a little time", otherwise it'll just be a sporodic and fairly emotionally-draining see-eachother-every-now-and-again, which will be silly. I'm prepared to wait, y'know?

I make kazoo's out of crayola markers. They're pretty cool, I'll find a picture in a minute.
Quote by Stormx
A little explanation: We like eachother a lot, but we're totally disorganised and hugely busy over christmas. She's got a 10-day art piece to do as an entrance requirement for university, and I've got 5 exams in january (I think she has two)...

So yeah, it's basically a case of "we should go out once we have a little time", otherwise it'll just be a sporodic and fairly emotionally-draining see-eachother-every-now-and-again, which will be silly. I'm prepared to wait, y'know?

I make kazoo's out of crayola markers. They're pretty cool, I'll find a picture in a minute.

Just because you're busy doesn't mean you can't have a girlfriend...

P.S. I'm a womanfolk! : )
sraeb

Quote by Trefellin
Show me your erection or gtfo... please.
Quote by Dante53
If you guys share any personal jokes, you could play on that. I remember 2 years ago, my to-be girlfriend and I shared a joke about penguins, and so I got her penguin-related things. Something like that. Or if you're serious about it, compile all your emails and texts, and bind them nicely. I think would be quite touching.

Hope that helps.

-Adam

help?!!?!?1

In the pit@!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Madness
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Entire Emperor discography.

Ok, that's what I want. But it's basically the same.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Page 1 of 2