Hi guys, i'm looking into getting one of these things, but first, a few quick questions;

1. Can i record straight to my laptop with this thing? As in, can i put a lead from my guitar to the Pod, then from the pod to the laptop, with an adaptor going into the laptop?

2. Does anyone own one of these? If so, how are the tones? Can I just use it as a sort of mini-amp, and not have to plug it into an amp?

3. I'm assuming there is something i can get to plug it into the mains so it wont require constant changing of batteries?

4. Referring to #1, has anyone ever recorded with this thing, and how is the sound?

and finally;
5. How does it match up to the other POD models?
e.g, the X2, X3, X3 Live, ect.?

Thank you very much.

Last edited by ~*Tutty*~ at Dec 20, 2008,
Quote by ~*Tutty*~
Hi guys, i'm looking into getting one of these things, but first, a few quick questions;

1. Can i record straight to my laptop with this thing? As in, can i put a lead from my guitar to the Pod, then from the pod to the laptop, with an adaptor going into the laptop?

2. Does anyone own one of these? If so, how are the tones? Can I just use it as a sort of mini-amp, and not have to plug it into an amp?

3. I'm assuming there is something i can get to plug it into the mains so it wont require constant changing of batteries?

4. Referring to #1, has anyone ever recorded with this thing, and how is the sound?

and finally;
5. How does it match up to the other POD models?
e.g, the X2, X3, X3 Live, ect.?

Thank you very much.

1) Yes, put it's output into your laptops line in.

2) It is essentially a preamp, so you would still need to plug it into a power amp. You can power headphones off it and thats about it.

3) Yes there is a power adaptor available.

4)It's alright. Didn't get a chance to compare it to my pod 2.0 but it sounded fine. It's no boutique valve amp mic'd with neumann's.
if you are planning on recording though pc, don't forget to download music programs like audacity or adobe auditions.