What is it?

I have been told I was immature by people because I enjoy goofing off and am almost always smiling or happy.

I'm not a dumb-ass, I just like to have fun and I know when its appropriate.

Really though, I see having a good attitude and loving life as a sign of maturity.

Seeing the light in dark times is tough, and just because I can doesn't make me immature.

Seriously, how would you guys define maturity.
Understanding the consequences of your actions.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
The definition of maturity is the point in your life when you cease to notice and criticize others lack of maturity.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Having responsibility, and being able to identify when you made a mistake and fix it.

...The Pit isn't a great place to ask this.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
It doesn't matter what YOURS or OURS definition of maturity is. If the majority of people think you're immature, then you probably are.

edit: although I think you're pretty mature from the way you worded your first post, TS.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
The road to maturity is long, but i believe selflessness will speed up the journey.
interesting question, i try to be mature most of the time but ill goof off a bit too like most ppl :P
ma⋅tu⋅ri⋅ty
   /məˈtʃʊərɪti, -ˈtʊər-, -ˈtyʊər-, -ˈtʃɜr-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [muh-choor-i-tee, -toor-, -tyoor-, -chur-]
–noun
1. the state of being mature; ripeness: The fruit will reach maturity in a few days.

2. full development; perfected condition: maturity of judgment; to bring a plan to maturity.

3. Finance.
a. the state of being due.
b. the time when a note or bill of exchange becomes due.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Not saying 'your Mom' jokes ...

... incidently: Your Mom's the definition of maturity.
Quote by Laces Out Danny
edit: although I think you're pretty mature from the way you worded your first post, TS.

Wording has nothing to do with it, ugh. I hate when people say stuff like this. The most awesome writer could be the most immature person.

Mature, imho = thinking before you speak.

P.S. I'm a womanfolk! : )
sraeb

Quote by Trefellin
Show me your erection or gtfo... please.
I'd say a combination of self reliance and the ability to put things in perspective.
Quote by ZeGuitarist
Whatever the definition is, it surely isn't sam b

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRNNNN!
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
The definition is to crush your enemies before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
I agree with rabidguitarist, to know the consequences of your actions, but also to handle by these consequences.

Not drinking whatever the hell I drank last night, because I sure as hell regret it I'd say the best definition was the first reply to be honest though.
When you have more hair growing out your ears, nose and arse than your head THEN young one, you have attained maturity.
Not making threads about it in The Pit.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más