Hey guys, im looking for a multi effects board for 450 dollars max. I have my eyes set on the boss me-50 but i have a roland cube 30x which has pretty darn good built in effects. So do you think i should just buy individual pedals (which i probably cannot afford) to add to the amp?The problem is i might be doing live gigs soon and I have a very limited budget cause i still am a teenager with a crap allowance. The amp has 7 effects (5 types of distortion) with dyna amp. A flanger, chorus, tremolo and phaser. Delay and reverb. The me-50 has Tone Modify, Compressor, Overdrive/Distortion(10 types i think)?, Chorus, Phaser, Flanger, Harmonist, Tremolo, Pan, Vibrato, UNI-V, Rotary, Delay, Reverb, Noise Suppressor [Effects for Expression Pedal]: Foot Volume, Wah, Resonance, Voice, RIng Modulator, Bend. I wanted a wah at first but when i look at the price, with 4 wah pedals i can get the me-50. Doesent seem worth it.
GEAR:
Harmony H15 Bobkat
Fender MIJ '65 Reissue Mustang
Fender MIA 1987 Strat Plus
Mesa Express Plus 5:50
TC Electronic Hall Of Fame & FlashbackX4
Barber Direct Drive
Ibanez TS9 Reissue
EHX POG
Goosonique Blitzkrieg Boost
Last edited by jonoh248 at Dec 20, 2008,
450 what?!?!

c'mon we're not mindreaders ffs
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
450 what?!?!

c'mon we're not mindreaders ffs

OKay i changed it.
GEAR:
Harmony H15 Bobkat
Fender MIJ '65 Reissue Mustang
Fender MIA 1987 Strat Plus
Mesa Express Plus 5:50
TC Electronic Hall Of Fame & FlashbackX4
Barber Direct Drive
Ibanez TS9 Reissue
EHX POG
Goosonique Blitzkrieg Boost
HOORAH

if youre gigging i'd be looking at a better amp tbh

but if youre set on a multi FX look at a boss GT-10, digitech RP500 or a vox tonelab LE

that'd probably work as long as your cube is miced up
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
i have a me-50 and love it. its got alot of features, and you can get some crazy sounds out of it. i never used my old amps distortion and relied solely on this for my OD/dist. as you said, it has a ton. cool foot pedal effects aside from wah also. pitch shifter(bend i think you called it) +1 or -1 octave. make sure you have a power cord for it, as they eat batteries. and its got alot of delay features, the reverse echo is a very cool one.

ive been gigging with mine at least once a week for about 4-5 months now with my only problems being sometimes the footpedal gets a little touchy and turns off if i push down too hard, but thats mostly me being real drunk playing with alot of engery.

also the other complaint i have is its only 3 (4 with foot pedal) button effect (OD/dist, chorus/phaser/etc, echo) at a time. i'd like to layer chorus with a phaser sometimes but oh well. the tone modifiers are real nice as i had a ****ty amp until yesterday and it made it passable to play gigs with. the reverb i never used since that was about the only good thing about my old amp(fm65r) but everything else is good.

if i lost it, or it broke, i'd probably get another. its durable as all hell, and i like how its got knobs to adjust everything rather than having to have a manual in front of you then scrolling through lcd screens to figure out what effects you have going.

not 100% pro quality, but works wonders for my small/mid sized gig playing. sounded good too recording.
I would tell you the Line 6 xT Live.
I love it and I might be really bias.
the boss me-50 is really good overall. really simple to figure out how it works unlike many other multieffects pedals. the thing is, the wah is kinda lacking. I'd get the boss-me for the other features, but I think in the long run, it couldn't hurt to buy a separate wah pedal.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
me-50's good to a point. The line6 is better but more expensive and complex. You may want to replace this after a while tho it's a good pedal for the price
cubes dont go along with effects very well, let alone digital processors. if you HAVE to get a multi effect, play it through the CD/MP3 in jack on the cube
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.