My band, Sanctum, is playing at our schools battle of the bands on Jan. 9. We have 30 minutes, but we are arguing over what to play.

Heres what we know were going to play:
The Grand Conjuration - Opeth Cover about 10:30
Sanity - Original 4:30
The Sundered Sky - Original about 8:00
I Kissed A Girl - fun death metal version 3:30

Obviously we play metal.
Now, does UG think we should put one more heavy song in, or a softer song?
These guys are right, i think...

End with a well known one, Metallica or maybe Slayer

BTW, playing Opeth at a BOTB? Dude....thats amazing!
Play whatever you want, you shouldn't play something just because people will know it. I have more respect for bands that play originals than mostly covers, and you already have 2 on the list. I like your setlist, keep it the way it is.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Your setlist looks pretty solid and it's already over 25 minutes. I'd say keep it as it is. You'll want the extra 5 or so minutes for talking time and/or possible technical difficulties.
dude if i were y i would play classics, songs that every one knows, like seek and destroy is a great example.
Quote by shadesofanger
Play whatever you want, you shouldn't play something just because people will know it. I have more respect for bands that play originals than mostly covers, and you already have 2 on the list. I like your setlist, keep it the way it is.

dude sorry but it takes no skill to do original music, u could make something up in like 10 mins lol
Quote by RockxxStar
dude sorry but it takes no skill to do original music, u could make something up in like 10 mins lol

What? Writing something GOOD is harder than covering most music. It actually takes some creativity. This is the stupidest thing I've heard in days.
if it changes anyones opinions, we have about 5 minutes of wiggle time beyond the 30 minutes time listed, but we shouldnt push that

thanks for all the feedback
and as for this [dude sorry but it takes no skill to do original music, u could make something up in like 10 mins lol]
we play prog death metal
it does not take 10 minutes to write a song
Quote by 666Pounder
and as for this [dude sorry but it takes no skill to do original music, u could make something up in like 10 mins lol]
we play prog death metal
it does not take 10 minutes to write a song

Exactly, it can take days to make a 5 minute song.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.