im getting my acoustic guitar to practice for 2 hours.

what shoud i practice doing i am beginner
Hack up her body, put it in plastic bags, and dump it in the woods. This will get you a laugh 9 times out of 10.

So, how are your iPods and your games, and your $200 jeans this Christmas. I got a ceramic horse.

Exo M6

OWNED
scales. lots, and lots of scales.
My Gear:
Fender Stratocaster Deluxe HSS
Hagstrom HIIN
Crate Palomino V32H w/ matching cab.
Roland Cube 60
Roland Micro Cube
BOSS ME-20
Digitech Bad Monkey
Art and Lutherie acoustic
well, not drink and usually chords until you learn how to read tabs. after that, you can pretty much play any song!
You should structure your practice routine around what you need to improve, but here's a decent plan to start with.

Spend 20 mins working on chords:

Open chords (A, Am, C, D, Dm, E, Em, G) - getting them clean and get faster at switching between them.

Learn a song with some of these chords in them to practise playing rhythms.

Then take a break (5 - 10 mins)

Spend 20 mins on scales:

Learn the C major scale in it's open position.

Harmonize the scale to find the chords (C, Dm, Em, F, G, Am, Bdim).

Figure out 3 ways of playing each of these chords, below the 5th fret.

Take another break (5 - 10 mins)

Take 20 mins to focus on techniques. Take the A minor pentatonic shape at the 5th fret and practise licks based around it that use hammer-ons, pull-offs, slides and bends if you can manage them.

Have a look at some blues tabs to get ideas for licks.

Take a break (5 - 10 mins). These breaks are important, to stop your attention from drifting.

Spend the rest of the time (about 30 or 40 mins) learning a song. Listen to the track carefully and make sure you get the rhythms and dynamics right. Gradually learn the lyrics and chords until you can play the entire song without either of these in front of you.
Learn a song you think is cool, or practice one you already think is fun

THIS^ is how you become a good musician. You play music
Quote by bowlerhatlizard
im getting my acoustic guitar to practice for 2 hours.

what shoud i practice doing i am beginner
That's descriptive.

Help us help you.

If you're still learning open chords, stick with those. They're hard as hell to get used to changing from one to the other but you have to be able to do it. Use the minimal amount of movement possible. If you don't have to raise a finger, don't.

Edit: You could also work on learning the notes of the fretboard.

I'm going to be pissed if he/she already practiced for the 2 hours (considering this thread is from 6 hours ago), rendering this post pointless.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Last edited by metal4all at Dec 20, 2008,
Quote by metal4all
I'm going to be pissed if he/she already practiced for the 2 hours (considering this thread is from 6 hours ago), rendering this post pointless.

It would be a bit upsetting for everyone if the OP never practiced again I think