Firstly, what's your budget?
Secondly, are you into modern fuzz (Smashing Pumpkins or similar) or vintage, 60s fuzz (Hendrix)?
For the former, the Big Muff is the norm. For the latter, look into a Dunlop Fuzz Face. If your budget is particularly low, try the Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz.
I really like my Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz...lots of range of options, and sounds GREAT for some over the top fuzz for soloing...highly recommended.
there really isnt a bugdet, as long it isnt crazy expensive like $200.

I have played the DOD 70's Fuzz pedal, and i liked the sound of it.
fuzz factory IMO is the best fuzz.. that pedal is crazy.. actually, all of zvex's pedals are insane.

it's out of your price range tho
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
A Tweak Fuzz would be a good option here, if you want sounds like White Stripes bassy-sludgy fuzz to Fu Manchu/psychodelic fuzz and rough-around-the-edges distortion-sounding fuzz, kinda like Hendrix. Also try a Zvex Fuzz Face. Matt Bellamy, who plays in the band Muse, has one built-in to his custom chrome-top guitar, and he uses it alot in his songs. There are also lots of boutique fuzzes, but most of em are over $200 alot of the time.
theres this cool new thing called an opinion. it makes you have to go out and try something so you know you like it
Quote by qotsa1998
A Tweak Fuzz would be a good option here, if you want sounds like White Stripes bassy-sludgy fuzz to Fu Manchu/psychodelic fuzz and rough-around-the-edges distortion-sounding fuzz, kinda like Hendrix. Also try a Zvex Fuzz Face. Matt Bellamy, who plays in the band Muse, has one built-in to his custom chrome-top guitar, and he uses it alot in his songs. There are also lots of boutique fuzzes, but most of em are over $200 alot of the time.

That would be a Zvex Fuzz Factory.
Check out the BYOC Large Beaver
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by Exo M7
Check out the BYOC Large Beaver

Which sounds to me like a Big Muff clone, therefore win.
******A Console Cowboy****** 1
Or the BYOC MkII which is based off the Sola Sound MkII if you're into the early Jimmy Page type of fuzz tones.

Outside of that really, GOOD fuzz pedals are expensive. Look at Frantone as well.

Quote by Rock Pig
Firstly, what's your budget?
Secondly, are you into modern fuzz (Smashing Pumpkins or similar) or vintage, 60s fuzz (Hendrix)?
For the former, the Big Muff is the norm. For the latter, look into a Dunlop Fuzz Face. If your budget is particularly low, try the Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz.

I really do not think the Dunlop (red) Fuzz face sounds that good at all.
Last edited by al112987 at Dec 20, 2008,
Quote by al112987

I really do not think the Dunlop (red) Fuzz face sounds that good at all.

My mistake, I meant the silver Jimi Hendrix one. It's really overpriced but IMO sounds awesome.
Quote by Rock Pig
My mistake, I meant the silver Jimi Hendrix one. It's really overpriced but IMO sounds awesome.

Ok I see. Yeah, I've been hearing pretty positive reviews of the Green (Hendrix) Fuzz Face (I think the silver on is the Octavia). The whole FF thing doesn't really do it for me personally though, I'm a bigger fan of the Sola Sound Tonebender kind of fuzz tone.