I don't know if this has been discussed at all, but there was a thread on another board that inspired me to start this one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whale_Wars

Terrorists or Liberators? Personally, I think of them as being on the same level as the Animal Liberation Front. Throwing chemicals at fishermen? These men are just doing their jobs while these hippies sabotage their operation. Need more convincing? Try this:

http://www.highnorth.no/library/movements/Sea_Shepherd/se-sh-re.htm
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
Well many Whalers completely ignore whaling regulations, many species are on the brink of extinction because of it.
Terrorists.

I believe the whales should be preserved as much as anyone else, but if these people really want to save them they should do it through legislation, not stink bombs.

All the bull**** they seem to be doing looks like a big publicity stunt to me.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Both sides are idiots.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by dudetheman
Terrorists.

I believe the whales should be preserved as much as anyone else, but if these people really want to save them they should do it through legislation, not stink bombs.

Many groups like these guys try and stop them with pure shock value. The logic behind that is if a whaler hears that another whaling ship was sunk. Maybe he won't risk being sunk. Not much logic in my opinion.
Quote by metaldud536
I don't consider people who hunt whales as fisherman.

Whaleman.
There's a fine line between Liberator and Terrorist though, but they aren't flying planes into buildings so i'll say Liberators.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Quote by FFTLxx
Whaleman.
There's a fine line between Liberator and Terrorist though, but they aren't flying planes into buildings so i'll say Liberators.

████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai

Lol it was a joke,
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
This is how the whalers make money, this wont stop them, the only way that they could be stopped is by countries imposing bans on whale hunting in there waters and backing this up with naval support, i.e. taking over vessels which breach the law.

I agree that the whales should be preserved, there rare and pretty amazing creatures, they're hunted for scientific purposes? Im sorry but perhaps one or two wales would do for that, you woulnt need to hunt for months on end year after year, that to me, seems like there is a market in japan and were ever else for whale meat, fat, bone, skin etc etc.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
I've never heard of this so.... right lets get this straight.

People are trying to stop people hunting whales for research?

What kind of research? Like why are they doing what they're doing? I'm sure these 'Sea Shepherds' wouldn't be doing what they are unless it was really a bad thing. I mean we should be trying to prevent the killing of such important creatures but I don't know why they're being hunted.... so.... any help?
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
They are being hunted so rich japanese can eat them, basically.

And I almost made a thread about this the other day.
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

not terrorists, but not liberators.

Their methods are pretty ****ed up, even if its for a good cause.
As for the whalers their no better, but unless the japs do something nobody will. What I have noticed recently is that many sea-farers think their above the law anyway though...
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
freedoms_stain got my main point down pretty well.

The whaling industry flies under the radar, and of course with the oceans as vast as they are, and the difficulties in monitoring whale population, they take advantage of that as well.

But I honestly think Sea Shepard has fallen off. That timeline link the OP posted has some real action, not the pussyfooting the Steve Irwin partakes in.

I respect what they're doing, but you gotta get your hands dirty if you wanna stop dirty dealings. Ditch the cameras and man up, because it's not about looking good on TV, it's about disabling whaling vessels.
Proud Member of the "Shoop da Whoop club"
PM C.C. Deville to join

O _0
/###############
|###############
\###############
Well some whalers are legit, the anifags cant tell because they are retards, and then they throw chemicals in fishermans faces and try and sink their ships? That is terrorism.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Quote by Aaron0612
They are being hunted so rich japanese can eat them, basically.

And I almost made a thread about this the other day.

Ah in that case that would does anger me quite.

Shark fin soup angers me more, but that's a different story ¬__¬
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by urbanfox
Damn faggot environmentalist vegetarian types, if you ask me...

Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

Quote by dudetheman
Terrorists.

The legislation hasn't worked. They have been trying for years.
?!
OK trying to resurface this or something

Did the captain fake his wound in the last episode?

Im not saying he did, but it all seems so sterotypical
Quote by subliminaldelta
I don't know if this has been discussed at all, but there was a thread on another board that inspired me to start this one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whale_Wars

Terrorists or Liberators? Personally, I think of them as being on the same level as the Animal Liberation Front. Throwing chemicals at fishermen? These men are just doing their jobs while these hippies sabotage their operation. Need more convincing? Try this:

http://www.highnorth.no/library/movements/Sea_Shepherd/se-sh-re.htm

What about the protection of the Pacific Northwestern Tree Octopus?
http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus/
Quote by Hakanku
I once went in to a public restroom and George Michael approached me for sex. True Story.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Ah in that case that would does anger me quite.

Shark fin soup angers me more, but that's a different story ¬__¬

Yeah, pretty much what they do is whale under the false pretense of "Scientific Research" and then profit from it.

It's actually kind of ironic that hunt an endangered species to "establish the size and dynamics of whale populations."

Edit: To make things perfectly clear there IS an international agreement through the International Whaling Commission that Japan is a voluntary member of that bans commercial whaling. And they pretty much continue to do it anyway.
Last edited by Vernalagnia at Dec 23, 2008,
There is an environmental group that attaches 3 metre long blades to the front of their ships, and ram other ships and slice their hulls. I forget what the group is called though.

edit: I'm pretty sure I was talking about the Sea Shepherds haha.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
Last edited by SRX700 at Dec 23, 2008,