Hey there, i'm looking to buy a new amp, nothing too big really but something to compete with the drums volume and sound quite good at small gigs, nothing like a big hall or sommin [currently got my first MG10 marshall from like 4 years ago? still going strong , but since i play mostly at school, I never really had the need to have a good home amp....until now hopefully]

I don't gig too much really, and if I do, it's usually with the school's amplifier, but i'm looking to start a band or something and would like to be able to play outside school as well.

I'd be playing through my LTD EC - 1000 and will be playing rock-ish stuff and metal, not the classic stuff, more like the newer young bands' sounds hopefully. eg: Pierce the Veil, chiodos, scary kids scaring kids, and heavier stuff like Lamb of God, As I lay dying, BFMV have a nice sound.

I'd really like it to have a nice clean sound, personaly, i prefer a thick clean sound, not like a twangy single-coil kinda sound. The EMG's do quite nicely, hoepfully the amp would be able to keep up.

I've heard bout the Mesa Boogie's being one of the best 'metal' amps around but i'm afraid they may be quite oversized/expensive or may not have a good clean tone?
Your opinions?

LONG STORY SHORT:
not a MASSIVE amp, but something big enough for it's own pedal and hoepfully it's own effects as well. obviously as cheap as possible but i wouldn't mind spending a few 100$ [i think my max would have to be around $700/300pounds.
Deep/thick/sustained clean sound would be nice.

What would you recommend?

Thanks a lot.
Used Peavey 6505/XXX/JSX or a Bugera.
Pretty much the standard intro to tube amps for the tone(s) you're looking for.
used peavey xxx or jsx
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
How much dyou think the new peavey xxx or jsx costs wherever you live?

I've played with tube amp [ it was a vox, but can't remember which model ] sounded really nice. but i'm afraid of the amount of maintenance wit tubes, like i know you have to renew the valves every year or 2 depending on how much you play, but like other than that, is it that high maintenance?
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Used Peavey 6505/XXX/JSX or a Bugera.
Pretty much the standard intro to tube amps for the tone(s) you're looking for.

+1or new peavey valveking
marshall avt 100, 100 watts and a lamp simulation... awesome clean sound and decent OD/ Distortion... you also have some effects on it like reverb, halls, delay....

It's a decent amp I guess
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Quote by Lord Waltaa
marshall avt 100, 100 watts and a lamp simulation... awesome clean sound and decent OD/ Distortion... you also have some effects on it like reverb, halls, delay....

It's a decent amp I guess

I wouldn't get a Marshall AVT either, they aren't as bad as the MG's but they are average, and I quite liked mine but the tone wasn't me, plus it was too muddy.

Bugera if you can find one.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Thanks for all the replies =] really appreciate it.

I've been looking at the valveking 212, it's 100 Watt tube amp...I think that's a bit much right? since i've read that with tube amps, past 50-80 is kinda over the top or so?

some of the reviews on UG about the 112 and other places don't seem as good. Is the 112 really a big step down from the 212?

i'll have a look at the bugera =] which one of the Bugeras? 333's ? 6260's? those are reviews i've seen on UG.
mesa boogies have good cleans, but i dunno if you could afford one in that price range. also, at that price range, i would rather be looking for an amp with br00tal sound than one with effects. you can always buy effects later, and for now you have a lot of choices. i say either a B-52 AT-112/AT-212, or a used peavey XXX. a used 5150 would be good also, but it probably would only be nice for the heavier stuff
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
My aim is a good amp, since you could buy the effects as pedals, my main aim is the two channels, the clean & distortion/overdrive.
Quote by FaisalKaragoly
Thanks for all the replies =] really appreciate it.

I've been looking at the valveking 212, it's 100 Watt tube amp...I think that's a bit much right? since i've read that with tube amps, past 50-80 is kinda over the top or so?

some of the reviews on UG about the 112 and other places don't seem as good. Is the 112 really a big step down from the 212?

i'll have a look at the bugera =] which one of the Bugeras? 333's ? 6260's? those are reviews i've seen on UG.

the bugera 333 is a copy of a peavey XXX, so if you cant find a used XXX, you could get a 333. the 6260 is a copy of a 5150, and it cant do much besides metal
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
the bugera 333 is a copy of a peavey XXX, so if you cant find a used XXX, you could get a 333. the 6260 is a copy of a 5150, and it cant do much besides metal

the 6260/6262 can do everything from clean Jazz- to full out metal assault. i have had my 6262 head and combo for over a year now...and it can do all of those tones plus some.

also the 333Xl is a great amp as well. the 333 im not to sure about
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes