I recently purchased a new 24.75 inch scale guitar. This is my second guitar, and my first short scaled guitar. I am used to playing 11-54's in drop C and D standard (25.5 inch scale), before I go buy new strings for it, to keep the tension I am used to, should I go up to 12-56's, or even 13's? I'm not sure how much the scale length impacts the tension on the strings.
24.75 inch necks are just a little more slinky than higher scale lengths, so I wouldn't go up any more than 1 guage, if at all.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Nope, with smaller distance, there is more tension on the string. You should go to 10's if you want to keep the tension, theoreticly speaking.
Quote by Haedadru
Nope, with smaller distance, there is more tension on the string. You should go to 10's if you want to keep the tension, theoreticly speaking.

Wut? Then why do guitar luthiers even bother with 27" scale 7-string guitars?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Haedadru

I'm sorry, that makes no sense, a shorter string reaches the same pitch at a lower tension than a longer string because the vibrations along the string have shorter wavelengths.