i just read in guitar world eddy van halen saying he refrets his guitars every couple months. does this sound kinda crazy to anybody else?
that sounds a bit often to me
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
ya can do that when ya have more money than to know what to do with.. seems kinda pointless to me unless your frets really have worn away THAT much,but i doubt they could in a couple of months.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
I think it was because he liked his frets a certain way. Tall and skinny, that it was more accurate for intonation, also he was pretty rough on them and this was during when they were touring. Anyways I highly doubt you'll need to ever refret a guitar, maybe once every 15-20 years if it lasts you that long.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
yeah i read that and was like wtf? i've never changed frets on a guitar, that seems kinda stupid thing to do if it doesnt need to be done
he looks like a WoW character there....
Guitars
1998 Gibson Les Paul Standard
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203
I've never heard of anyone refreting a guitar more than once. Frets should last you a good 20 years unless you are HEAVILY playing them all the time. And by that time, you prolly bought another guitar.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
You can only refret so many times before the slots in the fretboard would be to wide to be of any use. So if he did it 2 times a year wouldnt take long before the guitar would need to be retired, a new neck or fretboard. How long frets last is up to the player. A new guitar with the soft metal they use in guitars now I can waste the frets in a few weeks. My 83 MIA fender took 10 years to tear em up. Now I use stainless so not really an issue anymore.