Hi, I have £500 to spend ($749), and I am trying to find the best V shaped guitar with Active Pickups. I don't mind getting one shipped from the USA so any suggestions.

I tried the Dave Mustaine VMNT1 today at my local guitar store and it was awesome but the pickups just didn't cut it imo.

Thanks in advance.
Quote by sashki
judging by these 'ranks', I guess you were looking at Gibson guitars.

In that case, it goes (worst --> best)
special --> studio --> standard --> custom

When Gibson calls something "special", it's special in the way a retarded kid is.
Esp/ltd V-500
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
I'll be the devils advocate and suggest a schecter hellraiser V w/ active EMG pups

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

^ Awesome guitar.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
^Terrible guitar
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
^^ The reason why UG shouldn't be used as a definitive source of information,most of the time it's just a series of differing opinions that escalates into a bunch a brand name masturbation.

I was just suggesting another option.My advice would be to look into the different models suggested here,then go and play them and walk away with the one you like best.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.