SO, me and my band have now played a few gigs.
and they decide they wanna replace the singer with somone more.. well better i guess is the term.

irony is, i'm the singer.
they want me to continue to play rhythm guitar, and use my garage to practice. but a new singer is in order according to them..

should i just say screw it and play rhythm? or bail.
well it all depends; do you consider yourself a vocalist, or a guitar player? do you like your vocals, or no, or are u impartial? if u are a guitar player and dont like/care about your vocals, then suck it up and find someone new, otherwise, come to a compromise with them- but then again thats just me =)
Gear:
Epiphone Viola Bass
Gibson SG Standard
Fender Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 Spider 2 150 watt
Line 6 POD Xt Live
Ibanez Ts-9 Tubescreamer
If you're happy playing rhythm then you should carry on. I suppose it depends of what kind of music you play though. Some music has great rhythm guitar, and some doesn't *Cough*Punk*Cough*.

You can always bail at some other time after giving it a go if you want.
Quote by atthedrive-thru
you can always do backup vocals and play rhythm guitar

yeah do this
no loss really, you'll be able to jump about more and still sing lol
win win
try it out and see if you can tell a change for the better, and if you can deal with not being the front man. You might find you like the new role better, or not. If not tell them to piss off, and find/form another band.
Quote by atthedrive-thru
you can always do backup vocals and play rhythm guitar

this is very true also, backup vocals are nothing to be ashamed of
Gear:
Epiphone Viola Bass
Gibson SG Standard
Fender Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 Spider 2 150 watt
Line 6 POD Xt Live
Ibanez Ts-9 Tubescreamer
Do you have fun playing in the band? Is it giving? If yes, then stay in the band. If no, then obvously quit.
Quote by Ir8sob
try it out and see if you can tell a change for the better, and if you can deal with not being the front man. You might find you like the new role better, or not. If not tell them to piss off, and find/form another band.

theres the big issue. i love being the front man, i love being cheered at, being the center of attention..

i personally odnt really mind my voice, and i'm decent on the guitar too.. so i dunno..
Quote by TheWickerMan666
If you're happy playing rhythm then you should carry on. I suppose it depends of what kind of music you play though. Some music has great rhythm guitar, and some doesn't *Cough*Punk*Cough*.

You can always bail at some other time after giving it a go if you want.

you do know punk is like all about the rhythm guitar work right?
Quote by MertaN
theres the big issue. i love being the front man, i love being cheered at, being the center of attention..

i personally odnt really mind my voice, and i'm decent on the guitar too.. so i dunno..

well if you feel that way and if you think you're comfortable (both personally and technically) its time to strike out on your own
grab some musicians and kick some ass

imo
Quote by Joe4/4/1992
well if you feel that way and if you think you're comfortable (both personally and technically) its time to strike out on your own
grab some musicians and kick some ass

imo

yea, i dunno,
personally i'm more into country. but anyone else happen to know how hard it is to start a country band in this generation. specialy if we're talking 90's country like garth brooks.
Quote by atthedrive-thru
you do know punk is like all about the rhythm guitar work right?

Yeah, but it's not very satisfying to play
Quote by MertaN
yea, i dunno,
personally i'm more into country. but anyone else happen to know how hard it is to start a country band in this generation. specialy if we're talking 90's country like garth brooks.

i understand your problem mate
i know its a completely different style of music but i play in a metal band (in the style of bfmv and killswitch engage) and theres very few people in my local area who are into it so its really difficult to try and gather support
so in my spare time (if you can call it that) i play acoustic or pop music either by myself or with my friend
maybe you could keep playing as rhythmn guitarist/backing vocals in your band and then start up a side project with some other musicians of similar tastes/enthusiasm as you
Quote by TheWickerMan666

but it is good fun to play imo, and you can jump about when you play it without having to worry about messing up
Quote by TheWickerMan666

I enjoy playing punk.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.