Where could I get cheap components? Warmoth is way to expensive for me since it's my first build. Thanks.
You could try guitarfetish.com They sell everything for guitar and at a good price. I recently bought some pickups from them.
I second the guitar fetish idea... Or try ebay, but if you do that, make sure you research the seller, ebay can be sketchy sometimes

EDIT: Drat, beaten to the ebay idea
Quote by tjfishrocker
Coolcat i want to make love to you right now.

Quote by Natrone

Anyone else see the irony in smashing a guitar that says "peace and love" ?
How hard would it be to make a body? My dad is a carpenter so he has all the tools you would need.
Not too hard, all you'd need is a bandsaw (or jigsaw), a router, and lots of sandpaper (and preferably an automatic sander of some sort) to make a basic body.
Quote by tjfishrocker
Coolcat i want to make love to you right now.

Quote by Natrone

Anyone else see the irony in smashing a guitar that says "peace and love" ?
He has all that . Now where to get templates for an explorer or superstrat? I checked the stickies site already
Check the gear adds on here, theres sum UG'ers that make bodys and necks and are dam good from the pics ive seen., just put a add up WTB
Ibanez Jem 7 DB-K
5150 combo
ZW OD (F/S)
Korg Tuner
if your looking for a template just get some large pieces of paper and try to find someone who owns the guitars and ask them to trace it for you, or try to find a local shop that will do it.

almost forgot- they will be more likely to let you do it if you ask THEM to trace it, some people dont like other people with pointy objects near their expensive guitars
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
you get a seven string neck, or do what im doing, get the measurements of the neck from someone who owns a 7 string and make the neck yourself using their measurements.

THEN, make your body, route out the cavity for the neck, blah blah, line everything up put the bridge on etc etc etc.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson