that's not a gibson, it's Maestro BY gibson. Epiphone is also owned by gibson, doesn't make it a gibson

here's tip, buy music stuff from a MUSIC store. DO NOT BUY THAT GUITAR

use this site to find an acoustic:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/

not even joking.. here's a basic acoustic you should consider
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-AJ-1-Acoustic-Guitar-518681-i1150109.gc

it's insanely cheap and somewhat decent. the guitar at bestbuy is total crap.

why are you starting on acoustic?
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Well it actually isn't a bad idea to start on acoustic. Because the string tension is higher, and they are much harder to play, your hand strength and chord changing speed will increase much more quickly than if you were to start on electric. Also, your calluses will develop more quickly because of the rougher strings.

NO! Don't get that.

If you want to be happy with your first guitar, look at the "Guitars >$300". The $300 range is where acoustics start to be worth buying. Funny that I say that when my acoustic was only $150, and I love it to death. The model I have is discontinued though, so I can't recommend it.

Anyway, don't get a guitar from Best Buy. Local music stores and, Heaven forbid, Guitar Center, are your best options (Sam Ash, whatever large music store chain is in your area).

What you need to look for in an acoustic is at least a solid top. Solid top means that the soundboard (the piece of wood on top) is made out of a solid piece of wood, or two solid bookmatched pieces, instead of a plywood laminate (lots of paper-thin sheets of wood glued together).

I'm really horrible with advice though. Here is the Acoustic Guitar FAQ. Any question you could ever have about acoustic guitars is more than likely answered in here --> Link
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
i have never used that gibson and it looks good, but i know for a fact that the mitchell MD100 dreadnought is a great beginner or even intermediate guitar. i play mine all the time, and i have used it in concerts and it sounds fantastic. Plus, it is only $99 at guitar center now, so i would definitely recommend that guitar.
Quote by RockOnZoso
i have never used that gibson and it looks good, but i know for a fact that the mitchell MD100 dreadnought is a great beginner or even intermediate guitar. i play mine all the time, and i have used it in concerts and it sounds fantastic. Plus, it is only $99 at guitar center now, so i would definitely recommend that guitar.

IT"S NOT A GIBSON! it's a maestro BY gibson.. there's a HUGE difference. Maestro is piggybacking on gibson's name because they are owned by the company as the lowest of low end. it's not even an epiphone!
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Thanks that some great advice, but i'm kind of really broke right now and that guitar would be like 5 bucks with the gift cards I got lying around and I want to know what kind of problems i'd encounter and the limitaions. I'll probably get a better one later when I have the money or is it really that bad that I should avoid it and save up?
Crappy action, crappy tone, crappy playability. Trust me, if anything that guitar would discourage you from playing any more. Save up and get a better guitar.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by SuaveTman
Thanks that some great advice, but i'm kind of really broke right now and that guitar would be like 5 bucks with the gift cards I got lying around and I want to know what kind of problems i'd encounter and the limitaions. I'll probably get a better one later when I have the money or is it really that bad that I should avoid it and save up?

okay, let me tell you a story. there was this guitar company i never heard of called johnson. someone came up to me one day when a bunch of my friends and i were in a circle smoking hookah (outside). he came up with the johnson guitar and asked to chill with us for a bit. i asked to play his guitar and behold, as soon as i took it from his hands all i did was play one single note and hand it back.

don't buy unknown guitar brand names. you will regret it. if you have giftcards at bestbuy buy something else more interesting (like a new sound system or whatever, speakers for your computer, etc.)

you will face bad action, bad fretwork, bad tone, and everything else associated with bad guitars.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
Just go down and ask if you can play one, if it feel's good then get it, if it's 5$ what have you got too lose.

If you at other guitar makers, they all have bad batches and good batches, maybe you'll go down and find a guitar that actaully has had some good craftsmanship put into it and is actaully worth everypenny.

I bought a hudson acoustic guitar, for £50 and it plays amazing, not one fault on it... and i'd never even heard of hudson, so there we go. Go and try one for yourself.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Wow that was actually great advice I think I'll go see if i they'll let me play it. Thank you very much!
Do you play? I mean, if you don't play how are you going to know crap from gold?

My advice: Play a Yamaha FG 700S. And a Takamine G340S. Both are $300, and I would bet my entire savings account, any inheritance money I will ever get, and any of my worldly possessions that they play, sound, and feel better than the "guitar" from Best Buy you're looking at.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray