Okay, i have 30 minutes to decide what $100 thing and $50 thing I want. I currently have an amzing guitar (St. Blues Bluesmaster IV) and a crappy micro cube amp. (I dont want a new amp) I also have a toneport UX1 and nice headphones. Any pedals/ recording gear i should get?
Peavey Vypyr. Look it up on Musicians Friend.
Gear:
Fender USA Standard Strat
1972 Aria "Lawsuit" Les Paul

Marshall JCM 900 Dual Reverb w/Randall cab
Traynor YCV40

Effects: (working on it..)
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
BOSS DD-6
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
1978 MXR Dist.+
Is all your gear listed above? What do you want? Is your tone lacking? Any accesories you need (better cables, leather strap, string cleaner, strings, picks, etc.)? Are you buying online or are you going to a GC or another guitar store?
I almost bought a classic 30. I was about to, then I thought I only play in my room so I wont get most of the tone.
well judging by the name of your guitar im assuming u like blues?XD
i dunno, do u want a mic for recording vox? a shure sm58 is 100 bucks.
u could go for some pedals, but that toneport has included modeling software, so i dunno if you would want them. u could get a wah, im sure u cant get a good wah sound out of the toneport because u cant actually control the sound yourself. dunlop crybabys are about 100 bucks. watch out though, i have the gcb-95 and their tone is kinda...i dunno i cant describe it, i suggest not getting a gcb-95 tho...
in terms of distortion, if u want a distortion pedal, go with marshall pedals. they have amazing tone. i bought the guv'nor dist (jcm800 in a box basically) and i rarely use my bosss pedals now, the tone is jsut that much better. they also have the bluesbreaker overdrive, and jackhammer metal distortion. bluesbreaker is better for, well, blues :P, and the jackhammer is a very over the top distortion perfect for metal.
also, I'm thinking of maybe getting a distortion pedal cuz there would be no way to quickly switch effects while recording. Would that work? Any good <$100 distortion pedals?
metal muff
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by RIP_bonham
well judging by the name of your guitar im assuming u like blues?XD
i dunno, do u want a mic for recording vox? a shure sm58 is 100 bucks.
u could go for some pedals, but that toneport has included modeling software, so i dunno if you would want them. u could get a wah, im sure u cant get a good wah sound out of the toneport because u cant actually control the sound yourself. dunlop crybabys are about 100 bucks. watch out though, i have the gcb-95 and their tone is kinda...i dunno i cant describe it, i suggest not getting a gcb-95 tho...
in terms of distortion, if u want a distortion pedal, go with marshall pedals. they have amazing tone. i bought the guv'nor dist (jcm800 in a box basically) and i rarely use my bosss pedals now, the tone is jsut that much better. they also have the bluesbreaker overdrive, and jackhammer metal distortion. bluesbreaker is better for, well, blues :P, and the jackhammer is a very over the top distortion perfect for metal.

Well, I actually am not that into blues. The bluesmaster is like a LP/tele cross.
Wouldn't go that route.

If just classic rock? Consider the V series, V18 might be up your alley. maybe a bad monkey to boost it
BUY MY JACKSON
Quote by imgooley
I don't know what that shit (racer x or paul gilbert) sounds like.

Quote by DSchmitty
Gilbert is a bad riff writer.

Quote by JeffWiredBeck24

Treble - 0
Bass - 0
Mids - 0
Volume - 0
'Tude - 10
Whiny Voice - 10
Panties - White

Quote by Shabadoo
I brake for huge nuts
Quote by acdcrocks0323
More tone than you can get with the Microcube IMO.

Ya, but I'm mostly doing recording and not playing with anyone else.
SO, would the digitech TL-2 be good? I know not to get an overdrive cuz these pedals are gonna be used for recording right now.