My school computers have this really cool audio codec that allows you to change the output sound to however you like it. I.E. - change reverd settings, changing pitch, etc. I don't have access to the computers right now to find out what the codec is. If I remember correctly, I think the company was Realtek, but I am not sure. If anyone knows what the codec might be, or of any other one that would be helpful, I would appreciate it. Oh, and I mainly want it for the pitch variation, so keep that in mind.
If it's blue, then it MUST smell good.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
The idea is to change the pitch WHILE the audio is playing. I have Audacity and I love it, but you have to manually go in and change the pitch. The codec I am speaking of is one that will change the properties of sound while the sound is playing.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Would be nice to find a free codec.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
BTW you are not looking for a codec, you are looking for a sequencer which is a piece of software that allows you to work with your audio.

Free programs are out there, and you can try demos...but the paid for programs will always be better and automation, (something you are looking to do) will mostly be a feature of the paid for programs only.