How do you set each instrument to an individual track while each is palying simultaneously? Like this:

Guitar 1
Guitar 2
Bass
Drum
Vocals
Keys
what is your setup?

for me, i use a roland vs1680, and it can do 8 simultaneous tracks on different channels, you just set it...

if you are using a computer you will need a firewire interface or something similar
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Are you trying to use computer software or a field recorder? If you are using a computer than you will need an interface. What is your budget?
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Set each input (instrument) to a mixer track.
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
thats not a big enough budget. it will cost you 500+
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
I agree it will cost more like 400 check out the presonus fp10. But then you will need mics as well
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
If you are all playing all at one time you will need to get a large interface which will start around $100, (PreSonus FP10). If you have a smaller interface, have each person play their part one at a time and make a new track for each person.
Actually I think with the entire band combined, we'd have a budget anywhere from $400 - $600 dollars

Quote by moody07747
If you are all playing all at one time you will need to get a large interface which will start around $100, (PreSonus FP10). If you have a smaller interface, have each person play their part one at a time and make a new track for each person.

Never again will we do this unless we have tons of time. Takes to freakin long
I was talking to moody, lol, not you.

I don't mean to be a knobhead, but recording good music does take a long time, and if you're not willing to put that time in, then you probably shouldn't bother. Sorry to put it so bluntly.
There is poetry in despair.