Im just wondering does anyone know of any equavilant stores like rondo music, but for the UK?

I've tried looking and i cant find anywhere like it, i dont want to have to spend £500 for a half decent named guitar when i can get something like an agile etc for £200!

Is there any type of brand that really stands for qaulity and price and/ or any online shops or places where sell them?

P.s. i dont want to use Agile becuase i'd have to ship from the USA and i cant send anything back if it's broken.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Quote by Daniel8488
Im just wondering does anyone know of any equavilant stores like rondo music, but for the UK?

I've tried looking and i cant find anywhere like it, i dont want to have to spend £500 for a half decent named guitar when i can get something like an agile etc for £200!

Is there any type of brand that really stands for qaulity and price and/ or any online shops or places where sell them?

P.s. i dont want to use Agile becuase i'd have to ship from the USA and i cant send anything back if it's broken.

I've heard Rees are good.
Last edited by Clownocaster#1 at Dec 20, 2008,
Yes, for the UK.... A store which is based in the united kingdom and/ or EU, which would mean i wouldnt have the issue of shipping prices, VAT/ customs and the major problem of taking a risk spending £400 and not being able to send the guitar/ or bass back if it is broken.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Quote by aaronni
I've heard Vintage guitars compared to Agiles on here quite a few times. Gak sell them, probably along with plenty of other places.
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/vintage/~electric_guitars

Yeah Vintage's are considered the UK's Agile, I don't think they're quite as good but meh, unnoticable.
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard
Quote by aradroxar
Yeah Vintage's are considered the UK's Agile, I don't think they're quite as good but meh, unnoticable.

To be honest they're probably made in the same factory.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Vintage. Great guitar for the money.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
Quote by steven seagull
To be honest they're probably made in the same factory.

+1

And anyway, Vintage and Agile guitars are good, but they are not the Holy Grail of guitars or anything. They are good for what they cost. But an Ibanez ART which is twice the price will still blow them out of the water.
Just a friendly reminder, people around here sometimes talk about Agiles as if they're god knows what.
I've noticed that too. I've seen lots of Agile owners on here making wild claims like they're as good as the high-end Tokai/Epi Elitists and I'm pretty sure I've seen at least one person claiming that if you changed the pickups it'd be as good as a Gibson Custom Shop... like... christ people. I know everyone loves the guitars they own, but be realistic.

Ahem. Anyway...

Vintage, Rally, Tokai. There's a few others but those are the three you actually have a chance of finding in a store to test out. Basically, these and most Epiphones are all made in the same place, to the same quality - just that these copy brands can be sold a bit cheaper because they don't have the 'real' body shape (and of course have a less famous name on their headstocks). You can't go wrong with any of them though. Get down to a store, pick up whatever LPs you see with Vintage, Rally and Tokai on their headstocks.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
yeah, that's my concern too. I mean, i haven't tried any agiles, but i've tried a fair few vintages, and assuming agiles are of similar quality for the money (which common sense dictates that they are), then they're probably decent for the money, but not much more.

the other thing is, are you actually willing to go to £500? if so, you can do a lot better than vintage... MIJ tokais, NOS patrick eggles, JJs etc. start becoming available, and (based on the examples of those I've tried, anyway) they'll completely annihilate a Vintage or similar.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Dec 20, 2008,