Hey, i have just bought an ibanez RG350DX and its the first time iv used the floyd rose style bridge (i think the one fitted in the guitar is an edge III), i was just wondering why everytime i use the fine tuning to sort out flat notes, the entire guitar keeps going out of tune, and when i tune up another string it happens to another like a neverending process.
I have checked tht iv locked the nuts down properly and also stretched the string in properly, iv also checked around on the internet to make sure im tuning it right and according to them i am.
Is it me just not doing something right or is their a fault with the guitar?

any advice is appriciated

cheers
chris
Quote by staffmeister
Hey, i have just bought an ibanez RG350DX and its the first time iv used the floyd rose style bridge (i think the one fitted in the guitar is an edge III), i was just wondering why everytime i use the fine tuning to sort out flat notes, the entire guitar keeps going out of tune, and when i tune up another string it happens to another like a neverending process.
I have checked tht iv locked the nuts down properly and also stretched the string in properly, iv also checked around on the internet to make sure im tuning it right and according to them i am.
Is it me just not doing something right or is their a fault with the guitar?

any advice is appriciated

cheers
chris

Because the Edge III tremolo is terrible. I advise you use another guitar you have, until you can buy an original floyd rose and replace the Edge III with it.

There's a thread on here about putting in the floyd rose, use the searchbar, I'm too lazy to look for it.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
I cant say that I've had that problem.... you sure the locking nut is tight enough?

sorry I cant help
hmm.... how's the bridge? is it lying flat or been pulled up by the high string tension?
maybe its a problem with the fine-tuners then... does it only happen when you use them?
yeah, i can tune it up n not lock it down and itll be ok but when i lock it down and use the fine tuners to adjust it cause of the added tension from the nuts, it sends the entire guitar out when i use even just 1 fine tuner
damn... looks like its a problem with the whole EDGE III then, you'll have to take it somewhere to have a professional sort it out.

Where did you get it from?
hmm... take it back and complain, they might fix it for you

If you had got it from PMT in Leeds they usually give you two free setup's and check/fix your guitar for you
Is it parallel? 'cause it has to look like this:
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.