I just started guitar and I learned some power cords from my friends. I learned some simple songs. I searched in the internet for scales but they are hard to understand.

Can some send me a link to one that is easy to understand? or explain to me
Forget scales for the time being, they're not something you need to really be worrying about just yet. Just carry on learning chords and get a few songs under your belt.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Search in the lessons on the main page. There are a lot of useful tutorials in there. Also, there is a book called something like Guitar Grimours bood of Scales and Modes. I got it from guitar center. Its a black book with red writing. I recommend you get it as it has helped me a lot. There is also a version of the book on chords.
Amp: B-52 AT100 212
Guitar: Parker P-44
Effects: Korg Tuner
A Major Scale:
E-5-7------------------------------7-5-
A------4-5-7--------------7-5-4-------
D--------------4-6-7-6-4--------------

Scales really do help and i think this is the best one to practice.
Quote by steven seagull
Forget scales for the time being, they're not something you need to really be worrying about just yet. Just carry on learning chords and get a few songs under your belt.

do you have a link to all popular chords??
Quote by Dannyboy9494
A Major Scale:
E-5-7------------------------------7-5-
A------4-5-7--------------7-5-4-------
D--------------4-6-7-6-4--------------

Scales really do help and i think this is the best one to practice.

thanks...this is what I was looking for....a simplified version of scale so i can understand
i'm really sorry to do this but i have no clue how to start a thread can someone please tell me how
siggy wiggy

SIGNANNANANANANTURE
the major scale is do re mi fa so la ti do. your frist step to learning theory. a good way to remember is wwhwwwh. W= whole step and H=half step

and just flip it around

D
A
E

for correct tabs
Forget scales in general. Play with your ears. Notes that don't go together wont sound right no matter what you do so it really doesn't matter. Learn phrases and someone elses songs till you figure out how to put music together on your own.
Well, I hate to refer you to another thread, But I posted a basic practice structure on a thread a couple topics above this one ---

The thread was something like "help with minor and major scales" Heres the link:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1024359

It has a link to a page of pentatonics and I think I kinda explain what they are in the thread..
- to Make ourselves more than we are