So I got the Idea to make a frankenstrat out of my old peice of **** First act Strat thing, when I got my 1960 Cassic Gibson Les Paul as an early Xmas Present. So I was thinking of putting 2 of the pickups close together to make it look like a humbucker like on the real frankenstrat. Is it true you might get a bad sound if the pickups are to close? thanks for the help
wait, you went from a first act to a 1960 gibson les paul classic?
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
^
Maybe he means the newer Les Paul model, the Classic, modelled after the 1960 LP?

EDIT: Oui?
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

1960 Original? or reissue? either way that's a sexy guitar. why don't you just put a humbucker in it though? I've got an old stock ibanez bucker that I could send you. It may not sound like much but it's a humbucker and it would keep you from getting a nasty sound by following through with your idea.
Quote by ortrigger
1960 Original? or reissue? either way that's a sexy guitar. why don't you just put a humbucker in it though? I've got an old stock ibanez bucker that I could send you. It may not sound like much but it's a humbucker and it would keep you from getting a nasty sound by following through with your idea.

dude i need a humbucker!!!!

EDIT: pleaaaaasseeeee???
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
No its the real deal 1960 classic Les Paul but yeah I went from a first act to a Les paul. Cause I had the First act for a long time and I got the new les paul about a week ago. Ive had the first act for like 3 years so it was about time. But you think that 2 of the pickups being to close together could make a weird sound?
Quote by ortrigger
PM is on the way.

thank you very mucho

EDIT: sorry i kinda hijacked your thread...so i will respond you telling you that...i don't know.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by 6Shoot3rsUp
so would it make a weird sound?

I don't really know. I've never heard of that being done. I could see some kind of harmonic feedback happening though.
Quote by 6Shoot3rsUp
could make a weird sound?

That's what a humbucker is , just two single coils, one is reversed wound reverse polarity (RWRP is it? It has some trendy acryonym), which is what most modern strat mid and bridge pickups are anyway.

the difference is in a strat the pickups are wired in paralell, in a humbucker they're in series (and a humbuck just has one big magnet rather than one for each coil I think, but this won't change the physical function of the singlecoils)

I've never treid it, although I plan to try it at some point, but I imagine it'll just sound like a cheap humbucker,
You can put two singles (or any pickups) close together, (look up Steve Morse's signature guitar), but with two singles, you might be getting feedback. Like Jim said, if you just get one thats RWRP, it will stop most of that, but you would need it wired in series, and not parallel.

In both cases though, it could end up just sounding like a low quality humbucker, so get a real one.
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

yeah thats probably what I will end up doing but first I want to try my idea. which will probabbly sound really bad.
Quote by 6Shoot3rsUp
No its the real deal 1960 classic Les Paul but yeah I went from a first act to a Les paul. Cause I had the First act for a long time and I got the new les paul about a week ago. Ive had the first act for like 3 years so it was about time. But you think that 2 of the pickups being to close together could make a weird sound?

pics please
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Im not done with it yet. I just started the paint job today. SO far im at the black coat
Quote by 6Shoot3rsUp
Im not done with it yet. I just started the paint job today. SO far im at the black coat

You're painting your LP?
Pictures of the Les Paul.

So is it a NEW 60's Classic Les Paul or a Les Paul Classic 60?
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
Oh no Im not painting the Lp Heck no! the gay first act guitar. But i thought you meant pictures of the frankenstrat. So you want pics of the LP? but its the 1960 not the new 1960
i Want Pics
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.