Has anyone got this?
I would like some advice as to how this would sound and the quality of it. I would go and try it out or go on youtube and watch reviews/ google reviews, but it is very rare and most of the time people review a Laney with a similar name.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/75492

Here it is.
I can choose this, or the 100w vypyr. Which one?
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
Im looking at the same amp and still trying to do more research in it.
Does anyone know if its good for metal?
Coz its the best i can afford
Quote by XGhacker
1) OMG THE LEAD SINGER OF IRON MAIDEN RAPES HIS SON!!!
Bruce Dick-in-son
Quote by BackDoorEntry
Has anyone got this?
I would like some advice as to how this would sound and the quality of it. I would go and try it out or go on youtube and watch reviews/ google reviews, but it is very rare and most of the time people review a Laney with a similar name.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/75492

Here it is.
I can choose this, or the 100w vypyr. Which one?

I actually tried this one out the other day. I'll be honest from the half hour or so I played with it in the store, I was not 100% happy with it.

While I was able to get a nice clean tone. I had a hard time dialing in a good metal sound. The distortion to me seemed very "scratchy and thin". Now again I didn't spend a huge amount of time with it, but I would recommend trying it out, and not just going by reviews or youtube.

Hope this helps.
Hi
Product Manager of www.MegasMusic.com.au The Laney LX120CAMO is just the LX120R with a army camo finish. It is great for metal styles as well as classic tones for clean harmonics. Laney is a great brand that produce a classic british tone that can be cranked to produce that awsome Distortion sound.
What I would recomend if you dont care about the finish is the LX120D whick is the black finish but has some awsome metal effects built in.
check out www.megasmusic.com.au/prod194.htm
Why must you get a halfstack? That amp is £350, that would get you a nice tube combo. I suggest a Randall RG50TC for metal, but I dont really know very much else concerning other genres as I mostly play metal. Im sure there is somthing out there though.
Gear List:
Ibanez S320
Lavey LV200
Squier Stratocaster Affinity HSS
No-Name Wesley Fat Strat copy
Peavey Rage 158
Quote by nickbob00
Why must you get a halfstack? That amp is £350, that would get you a nice tube combo. I suggest a Randall RG50TC for metal, but I dont really know very much else concerning other genres as I mostly play metal. Im sure there is somthing out there though.

I hate tubes.

AND

Thanks MegasMusic manager, ive done more research since then and im gonna go for the vypyr.

To anyone else thinking of buying this amp dont, you can get a good combo instead for the same price
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
Uh oh... solid-state half stack. Here comes the tube-combo crew...
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
I own this cab and head and I love it.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
It looks gay.

Im pretty sure ive played the none camo paint job version of this.

It was mediocre at best. You can do better.
Vypyr would be a better option. Plus why in gods name do you need a 120 watt half stack. Overkillll.

How can you hate tubes/valves? Theres a zillion different valve amps and i doubt youve tried them all. Its like people saying they hate SS amps, theres a million SS amps and they cant of tried them all.
Last edited by beckyjc at Apr 9, 2010,
Necro-bump ftw.

Fisheth don't ****ing bump a 2 year old thread.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Quote by HellBoy9393
Necro-bump ftw.

Fisheth don't ****ing bump a 2 year old thread.

Ooops. I didn't notice.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100