What full setup do u think would give me the most BA Tone for Punk, Metal Hard rock for $1000 tops

You can also fantisize a bit about your dream rig!
There are threads like this around im sure.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
What physical state is your back currently in?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
i'm really sorry to do this but i have no clue how to start a thread can someone please tell me how
At the top of the forum there's a big button that says 'New Thread'. That question would be better asked at the New Members Q&A Forum. You've been here two and a half years and you don't know how to make a thread?
Quote by skater dan0
The weight. In your price range you can't really get much better than Carvin. Extremely versatile, really cheap, really high quality. I suggest the BX600 and matching 4x10 to go with it.
Quote by skater dan0
A 1000 tops, if you keep scanning ebay youyll be able to pick up an ampeg cl for sure for less than that. Thats like the punk king, then save a bit more and buy a second hand 8x10, what more you could you want. Something lighter, easier to maintain. Go try out all the amps you can, your idea of the tone you want is most likely completly different from mine.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
A Carvin amp will give you the best amp for the money, and will be able to do just about anything you want. I have the rig Fleajr mentioned, and it's pretty B/A, let me tell you.

Another good option for punk would be Ashdown. They have an Ampeg-ish tone that would work well with that style, though you won't get as much for the money. They're still better than most in the price range, though.

Also, like fatgoogle said, ebay is a useful tool. Look for Ampeg and old Peavey stuff.
Nope, no sig here.
Dream Rig:
2 Avatar 4x10s
2 Avatar 2x12s
2 GK Fusion heads

Splitter box
Send one signal to one rig for effects
Send the other signal to the other rig for the clean tone.
Blend both signals together.

/Post

Love the Low end