Which Boss pedal is better for more of a 70s Hard Rock (Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, etc) AND 80s Heavy Metal (Ratt, Early Def Leppard, GNR, etc).

*Boss SD-1 (OVERDRIVE)
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Boss-SUPER-OverDrive-SD-1-Pedal-100312507-i1124489.gc

*Boss DS-1 (DISTORTION)
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Boss-DS-1-Distortion-Pedal-100086787-i1124466.gc

OR would it be better to get something else like an Ibanez Tube Screamer? Remember, I would like it if i could get both 70s rock and 80s metal from the pedal that would be great. I would prefer if it were $100 or less but I MIGHT be able to stretch for $175 or less.

If tube screamer should i get The TS-7 or TS9 or TS9DX because the TS808 reissue is a bit much
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Last edited by Polystant at Dec 20, 2008,
^ Yeah, if you can save to around $200-$250 there could be some good modeling amps to look into. You probably won't even need pedals if you get one of those.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Well I was planning on getting a good tube amp if i got a new amp which would range $700-$1000 so I wanted to try and get a good pedal or two that will last me a few years until i get the new amp.

(I plan on getting a Dunlop Crybaby Wah too)
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Quote by gnomieowns
neither of those are very good. jekyll/hyde maybe?

This one looks great, maybe too good to be true for the price. Any ideas on this one? Is it sturdy and will it last long?
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
GNR is not heavy metal...
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Drakathan it might not be heavy metal in contrast to todays music but it was back then. and it was just an example so whatever. Some more examples would be Judas Priest and Iron Maiden.

I got another question about that Jekyll and Hyde. Which side (overdrive or distorion) would be better for the 70s classic rock/hard rock Aerosmith, Queen, Zep, Sabbath, and Deep Purple kind of stuff?

That was really my first question in general but i was more specific as to which pedal to get
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Last edited by Polystant at Dec 20, 2008,