I have just managed to scrape together £150.00 and I am stuck about what to buy next.....

Basically I have been playing for 7 years and in all this time I have only been using a crappy little Fender SP-10 practise amp, so after looking online I thought maybe I could upgrade my amp and get a Roland Cube 60 for £148.00 from www.gak.co.uk

My other option is that I have never had any decent effects, I just have a Behringer V-Amp II and while I have been happy with it, it has a few knobs fallen off and the memory function no longer works after turning off the unit so I was looking at getting myself a Boss ME-50 to upgrade my effects.

The trouble is I really want both but I can only afford to get one now, so I was just wondering whether you think an amp upgrade would be better before an effects upgrade or vice versa? (The Cube 60 does have built in effects but not as versatile as a purpose built unit)
just buy a vypyr 60 (hybrid) it has more effects than the cube
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
just buy a vypyr 60 (hybrid) it has more effects than the cube

or you could get the Vypyr 30 and the floorboard.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by ugmung
or you could get the Vypyr 30 and the floorboard.

Yep. But that's FAR, FAR out of his budget.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
get the cube 60

(i haven't tried the vypyrs yet)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Well, the Cube 60 has effects built in, so it's an amp upgrade and an effects upgrade.
That is true.... is the Cube 30 still as good as the 60w model? (just to save around £50) coz I don't play live gigs or anything, I just want a better amp for practising with, I was just being greedy for more power LOL!!
^ if you're not playing gigs, probably more or less the same, yeah. the 30 might have a 10" speaker versus the 60's 12", though (not certain on that).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have the Cube 30x I think its a great amp as far as solid states go, effects are alright, fine for messing around with. With the 60 get more power obviously, can footswitch the delay on/off but you dont get the built in tuner or the power squeezer. If you dont need 60 watts save some money and get a 30