im looking for a decent beginner drum set. its gonna be for my sister who is starting to play drums and i have a couple friends who play drums so it will probably also be used for jamming and stuff too. my price range is about $500 max. thanks
Last edited by bobmarley9910 at Dec 20, 2008,
try tama. check for online reviews within your price range. also, try pearl
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
500 pounds or dollars?
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!
you really need to budget $250 for cymbals alone. Look for a used set of shells and hardware.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Why the hell do you need 250$ worth of cymbals if you are a beginner?

Get the tama....and LEARN HOW TO TUNE !!! Makes a world of difference...if possible get a drummer to help you out. And as you get better, slowly buy good cymbals to suit your taste cause as of now, you probably have no clue about the different types of cymbals, sounds, etc....Best bet, get the tama, get a drummer friend to tune it, get classes....as you progress, get better stuff....and done !

Besides i'm pretty sure you'll be inclined to buy new heads than cymbals once you get the nuances down...That kit looks pretty nice !
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
Quote by X-Boy

Get the tama....and LEARN HOW TO TUNE !!! Makes a world of difference...if possible get a drummer to help you out. And as you get better, slowly buy good cymbals to suit your taste cause as of now, you probably have no clue about the different types of cymbals, sounds, etc....Best bet, get the tama, get a drummer friend to tune it, get classes....as you progress, get better stuff....and done !

Besides i'm pretty sure you'll be inclined to buy new heads than cymbals once you get the nuances down...That kit looks pretty nice !

cool thanks
Quote by X-Boy

$250 is just covering a halfway decent crash, ride and hat. Cymbals aren't cheap.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
some real bargains if you get a cheap kit get double ply heads because they wont have good tone and you are just as well to get a good thump from them.
Ludwig.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror