How can I get that AC/DC-like sound from my amp?

I usually turn the Gain and Bass down to 0 or 1, the Contour to halfway, and treble all the way up

I have a Marshall MG15DFX amp

Please tell me how

PS*Is this the right section of the forum to post this? I did it once but it was in the wrong one!
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
there's a thread dedicated to this, it's HUGE.
in the stickied threads of this forum.
Ultimate Settings Thread.
Rockin' shit
It'll be easier to get an AC/DC tone with a better amp. If you can save up for that it will help you in the long run.

Anyway,
Gain:2
Bass:5
Mid:5
Treble:10.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
All EQ settings at 5. That's how Angus does it.
From there, just tweak your gain until it sounds right to you.
valve amp with the vol at 11
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Quote by Rock Pig
All EQ settings at 5. That's how Angus does it.
From there, just tweak your gain until it sounds right to you.

I don't imagine they're all at 5.

I set my amp (JTM45) at presence -7, bass - 2, middle - 7, treble -7, volume -6, to get a very convincing Angus-like tone.

Contrary to popular belief I don't think Angus ran his amps completely cranked. His tone is not particularly saturated and if any of you have ever played a cranked Marshall JTM45/JTM50/1987/1959, it has way too much gain to pull of Angus Young tone when it's being pushed full throttle. I imagine he was running his volume closer to 6 or 7.
Last edited by al112987 at Dec 20, 2008,
Quote by al112987

I set my amp (JTM45) at presence -7, bass - 2, middle - 7, treble -7, volume -6, to get a very convincing Angus-like tone.

Contrary to popular belief I don't think Angus ran his amps completely cranked. His tone is not particularly saturated and if any of you have ever played a cranked Marshall JTM45/JTM50/1987/1959, it has way too much gain to pull of Angus Young tone when it's being pushed full throttle. I imagine he was running his volume closer to 6 or 7.

Yeh, Angus traditionally runs his volume round about halfway.
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
Quote by al112987

He does, live. He runs the JTM head into an isolation cab, that's mic-ed up. And live, his tone is pretty saturated (Just saw them two weeks ago.).
Quote by guitarlord28

I usually turn the Gain and Bass down to 0 or 1, the Contour to halfway, and treble all the way up

You might want to get rid of all contour and add more bass to start...

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by forsaknazrael
He does, live. He runs the JTM head into an isolation cab, that's mic-ed up. And live, his tone is pretty saturated (Just saw them two weeks ago.).

Idk, I just don't hear it on live recordings (I can't say I've seen them live), along with being really saturated, a dimed JTM45 has a really noticeable sag as well. Maybe Angus was running a different amp? Possibly a super lead? I know he has used a bunch of different amps live and was under the impression the JTM45 was really more his main studio amp.