I am just practising a simple major chord progression: C, G, F, E. But the F is giving me problems - both changing to it and from it. The reason is because it's partially barred (High E, and B string). If I change to it, I get a slight buzzing, and when I change to the E (from the F), I find it hard getting my index finger onto the G string without it buzzing, or being a bit muted. Any tips? Oh, when I play the F chord, my index finger, when barring, does not lie 100% flat, I try to angle my finger so the barring happens on the side of my finger. Is it correct to do that?

Thanks.
it just takes pratice. when im learning a new chord i like to play the chord then take my fingers off and wiggle them a second and make the chord again. do it slow how ever long it takes you to put all your fingers in the right spot then strum. dont try to force yourself making this chord fast. just stay relaxed.
Quote by GirlGerms
I am just practising a simple major chord progression: C, G, F, E. But the F is giving me problems - both changing to it and from it. The reason is because it's partially barred (High E, and B string). If I change to it, I get a slight buzzing, and when I change to the E (from the F), I find it hard getting my index finger onto the G string without it buzzing, or being a bit muted. Any tips? Oh, when I play the F chord, my index finger, when barring, does not lie 100% flat, I try to angle my finger so the barring happens on the side of my finger. Is it correct to do that?

Thanks.

i do my f kinda like a power chord

E 1
B x eff the b lol
G 2
D 3
A 3
E 1
Quote by douchewibbler
fail
if i was you id play the full chord. learning to bare is important you shouldnt take short cuts or anything like that. i play the chord 2 different ways. 1 with my frist finger only holding down the b and the e string. the other way i bar the whole frist fret. u need to build streight in your arm over time baring is easy. just cuz you cant bar it right doesnt mean you should just mute the strings. LOL do what u want but i strongly recomind that you learn how to bar all six strings with one finger. use your middle finger to help hold them down.

look at the lessons on UG they will help you
I use third finger on F on the D string, second finger on A on the g-string, first (well the side of my index finger) finger barred across C on B-string and F on E-string.

It was how I was taught and is how I do.
I use bottom knuckle of my index for the b and e strings and the tip for the E string
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....