A quick run through of all the amazing tones you can get out of this amplifier

Amplifier: Mesa Boogie Stiletto ACE 2x12
Guitar: Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Pickups: Seymour Duncan
Mic: Shure SM57
Effects Used: None except Reverb

Starts off with Bridge Pickup on CH1 Fat Clean, then Neck pickup, then switches to crunch

Then Bridge Pickup CH2 Tite Gain, followed by Fluid Drive

Sorry about the ghetto rigged mic but I currently have no stand

NOTES: This amp is very sensitive to mic placement, i spent forever trying to get the sound i was hearing in the room to translate

Also, this was recorded at volumes so loud, my teeth were sore afterwards...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXkXnHeSwRM

Freshly recorded today using a borrowed SM57. Great sounding amp, though it was hard to capture its "room tone". It sounds absolutely MONSTROUS in person. I'd take it over a Recto any day of the year. For the record, is can most DEFINITELY do "teh uber metulz" . I hope this influences future buying decisions.

Enjoy.
Obligatory Gear List
Ibanez S2170SE Prestige
Epi LP Std w/ SDs
Morley Bad Horsie
Mesa Stiletto ACE 2x12
EHX Small Clone
Line 6 DL4
ISP Decimator
Guild Acoustic
My Band
My Youtube Channel
Last edited by We Remain at Dec 20, 2008,
Sounds really awesome......

Wish I had one
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I'm considering one of these for a next amp. How well would you say it does lower gain tones like classic rock and blues? Does it sound good when you get some powertube OD going. It's british voiced as well right? Lots of clarity?

I had an F30 before and the main reasons I got rid of it were excessive gain, no clean channel crunch to speak of (or lower gain tones) and it's wasn't all that clear sounding.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
I'm considering one of these for a next amp. How well would you say it does lower gain tones like classic rock and blues? Does it sound good when you get some powertube OD going. It's british voiced as well right? Lots of clarity?

I had an F30 before and the main reasons I got rid of it were excessive gain, no clean channel crunch to speak of (or lower gain tones) and it's wasn't all that clear sounding.

I would definitely say this amp does lower gain like classic rock and blues even better than it does high gain. I am just personally a higher gain type guy and it does that very uniquely, in a way i like.

You really need to push it to get powertube OD, but the sound is very pleasing and kinda of softens up the attack. Yes, its British voiced, but there's no mistaking that its a Mesa. And yeah, this amp is amazingly clear, on nearly every setting.

I just submitted a review to the review section, I'll tell you guys when its approved.
Obligatory Gear List
Ibanez S2170SE Prestige
Epi LP Std w/ SDs
Morley Bad Horsie
Mesa Stiletto ACE 2x12
EHX Small Clone
Line 6 DL4
ISP Decimator
Guild Acoustic
My Band
My Youtube Channel
I want one of these.

Wish it was a single channel, though.
Quote by FRDesign
Stilettos FTW. Does the Ace sound different than the Deuce or Trident?

Well, people say that the head versions have more low end, but that may just be the 4x12

And yeah, the Deuce is going to have more headroom, and the Trident even more so
Obligatory Gear List
Ibanez S2170SE Prestige
Epi LP Std w/ SDs
Morley Bad Horsie
Mesa Stiletto ACE 2x12
EHX Small Clone
Line 6 DL4
ISP Decimator
Guild Acoustic
My Band
My Youtube Channel
Quote by FRDesign
Whats wrong with 2

Nothing. I just prefer single channel amps.
Love the Andy Timmons riffs Electric Gypsy FTW! Same with the DT riffs

Also, the mid-gain on it was a bit harsh and gritty, maybe just needs some EQing, since you're just demoing it.

LOVE the cleans and the Fluid Drive though You need some practice with your Necrophagist riffs though.

EDIT: LOL!!!! IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Dec 20, 2008,
Quote by Shinozoku

Also, the mid-gain on it was a bit harsh and gritty, maybe just needs some EQing, since you're just demoing it.

LOVE the cleans and the Fluid Drive though You need some practice with your Necrophagist riffs though.

i dont get that over 9000 joke
TS nice amp BTW
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by _Sanitarium_
i think i just fell in love with that "clean on 'fat' " tone

Same here. Nice playing.
Quote by Shinozoku

i pretty much agree with everything you said here, the mid gain isnt really my realm of expertise

and yeah, i still be working on the necrophagist
Obligatory Gear List
Ibanez S2170SE Prestige
Epi LP Std w/ SDs
Morley Bad Horsie
Mesa Stiletto ACE 2x12
EHX Small Clone
Line 6 DL4
ISP Decimator
Guild Acoustic
My Band
My Youtube Channel
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
i dont get that over 9000 joke
TS nice amp BTW

Watch early episodes of Dragonball Z.

"His power level! It's over 9000!!! "

On /b/, whenever you say seven or 7, the word filter changes it to "over 9000". By the way, there are 7 Dragonballs Well, technically 21, if you count all three sets, and only 14 if you leave out GT. However, those are really the only ones mentioned in the series, I'm under the impression any planet with a Namekian guardian has a set, but I dunno...
Sorry, I'll leave my rants elsewhere LOL!

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Quote by Shinozoku
Watch early episodes of Dragonball Z.

"His power level! It's over 9000!!! "

ohhhhh i remember that episode its when vegeta first saw goku
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
ohhhhh i remember that episode its when vegeta first saw goku

Exactly!

Stupid name.

damn i really wish i had recording gear so i could also make a demo of my Stiletto. that fluid drive tone was killer, a bit trebel-ish for me personally but killer none the less. anyone who thinks this amp can't do modern metal is out of their mind, even with the gain fully cranked, once you switch the amp to Silicon Diode Rectifier you unleash the brootal, yet very clear and articulate nature of Mesas.

sounds ace man
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Last edited by Waterboy799 at Jan 23, 2009,