Im considering downloading silkroad online but read some stuff on it and alot of people moan about it being busy and there being alot of bots?

Is it worth downloading? or are there better free games to choose from?

Cheers
Runescape isnt bad, altho lacks alot of free stuff compared to members-only content. Theres MapleStory too, altho i havent been able to play that much. I also found a cool Egypt-like game, where your person can build things, farm, maybe sail and fight too, i wasnt able to get too far into the trial.
Go take your parents credit card or get your debit card and go get a subscription to WAR,WoW LOTRO etc.

All free MMO's suck cause they don't have any money to work with.
i LOVE SRO!

But I can't play it anymore because of my SH!T computer... T_T

It's pretty good if you ask me.
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
WoW
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
I used to play SRO, it was pretty fun while I played it but there were SEVERAL problems in the game.

There used to be a gold bot problem so bad that there was server traffic 24/7 and all the monster spawns were taken, it was near impossible to log in most of the time!

It lagged quite alot sometimes because of the gold bots.

Levelling up with insanely difficult, even if you had the best gear you could get.

It's a HUGE grind-fest and the quests the NPCs offer you get more tedious as you level up, one quest at around lvl 70 made you kill 1200 of the same mob and from killing them you got about 10% normal exp and the quest gave about 5% to level up.

If you are considering playing that game, I suggest you get a bot to level up for you, the GMs were lazy as **** when I played (gold bot problem, no one ever got banned) and I managed to bot most of my way to the top.
Quote by II HaZzA II
Wow isn't free...

When you say its repetitive? in what way?

Alot of the quests involve you killing stuff. Example:

"Fight 30 tigers"
"Collect 20 fangs by killing 20 tigers"
"Kill 30 tigers and 10 Big tigers"
Quote by metaldud536

"Fight 30 tigers"

The PVP and Raiding makes up for it, I've never had more fun in any MMO PVP than WoW's PVP system, also, after lvl 60, the quests get REALLY fun, bombing runs, sabotage and all.
Quote by metaldud536

"Fight 30 tigers"

That pretty much describes all MMORPGS.

I tried silkroad, it was very pretty, had good music but I never got into it. It was just too difficult to find servers atleast the time I tried around 1-2 years ago.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Runes of Magic just came out into open beta.. Its not bad for a free game. It's got a lot of features that WoW has, but its not bad at all.

Or try Atlantica Online. It's a great F2P game.

If ur willing to pay. Get Guild Wars. It doesn't charge a monthly fee, and its got ****LOADS of content. Best ****ing game i've ever played. (It's got 3 core games, that work on their own, so you only need to buy one, but i have all 3. And the expansion pack.)
Quote by II HaZzA II
Wow isn't free...

it can be if you know what you're doing...
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by XianXiuHong
If you're talking about private servers, those are incredibly boring.

depends on which one you're on. unless a whole lots changed in the year and half since I've played WoW
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
depends on which one you're on. unless a whole lots changed in the year and half since I've played WoW

Well, the private servers are generally alot less populated than normal WoW servers which really takes away from the end game aspects of PVP and Raiding, the two most fun things you can do at the end.
well it has Gamguard,Basicly a Rootkit program so no DONT try it!

Dont try Maplestory Fluff,ore ANY other game from that company.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GameGuard
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by Nexium
well it has Gamguard,Basicly a Rootkit program so no DONT try it!

Dont try Maplestory Fluff,ore ANY other game from that company.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GameGuard

Actually, Silkroad isn't protected by GameGuard, they just put it there to deter people who want to use 3rd party programs.
there's a game called Tales Of Pirates, its like runescape, but it has amazing 3D graphics, better attacks and stats that revolve around different characters/classes, and an amazing storyline with great in-game economy and items. i reccomend it because it stoly my life for about a year lol. I still play a bit, if you want, you can start out on Penguin Server and i'll guide you a bit.
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?