I'm a drummer and i'm trying to figure out the best way to record drum tracks. I have several ideas. Please help. thanks.
well it doesnt sound great, but i just set up my Rock Band video game mic on a stand next to my drum set and hit record, i wish i could do something better, but i cant
my current option are to rent an electric kit or record each piece of my set seperately- all 11 pieces. thats too time consuming though.
The best way to record drums is a concrete room or stairwell and mic the room with 4 mics. If you don't have that use a mic for the toms, one for the snare, one for your bass drum and 2 for cymbals
Quote by Kahless
The best way to record drums is a concrete room or stairwell and mic the room with 4 mics. If you don't have that use a mic for the toms, one for the snare, one for your bass drum and 2 for cymbals

why a concrete room?? I'm a drummer as well
I would have thought that that would have created too much echo although that could largely depend on the size of the room of corse
My current acoustic group:

Fiftieth Parallel

Martin Guitars
Elixer Strings
Acoustic amplification
BOSS pedals

Electric drums are quite easy to record.
if you have more than a set of main outs on the module, run it to a large interface.

You can also do what I do and run MIDI out from the module to an interface which you can than tweak and transfer to audio though a VSTi plugin. You can also send the data back to the module making it play all the data and then record the main audio outs.

I personally like triggering programs like Session Drummer 2 using MIDI.